Sign in to follow this  
|ncary

My new '87 M325i

Well hey. I mostly just lurk around on here, but I'm heavily into my e30's. Name is Henry. I got in contact with Riley through here and have been for a rapid scenery fly by in his car. Also met another member Maverick, who I got my new car off in Palmy. And a great guy called Sam with the best condition e30 I've ever seen (blue, leather, 4 door) who flagged me down 2 nights ago and we shot the breeze about our cars ha.

I used to own this:

post-1573-1224563672_thumb.jpg

post-1573-1224563755_thumb.jpg

Until I was sitting at the lights on Bealy Ave and a foolish old woman hit me at 65kph. I bounced into my friend who had JUST bought a S14 Silvia 4 days beforehand, who bumped into an e36. (His headlights were smashed, radiator pushed into engine, bonnet folded up a foot, and the e36 didn't have a mark on it! Tank)

Had to hold the steering wheel at a large angle to drive straight after this, still was stable and tracked well though, turned left hand corners much better than right. (4 wheel steering effect)

post-1573-1224563989_thumb.jpg

Front is just as bad. The other pics of the whole thing are on my portable HDD.. Long story short, been working in WA this year. Came back. Wanted another e30. One much more rare and prestegious. Here it is:

What's on the cards for it you may ask? First off, I'm as far from a boy racer as you could imagine. But I love driving extra spirtedly. And 2nd gear and the lsd know that already on the drive back from Palmy..

Just today fixed the windows which weren't moving. I can know breath in the almost summer heat here.

Put the ///M back on the correct side. Much better.

Full fluid change this weekend. Everything that is wet will be renewed.

New brake master cly, it's rooted.

Put my rebuilt brake calipers in from the last e30 (had rebuilt them 2 weeks before BANG)

General Tidy up, fix up stone chips mainly and other niggles.

Future plans include:

Big Brakes.

Ground Control coilover set up. But with Vorshlag camber plates. SuspenionTechniques sway bars. Urethane all round of course.

Rebuild engine next winter. Too many k's and lovely smoke on start up (Valve guide seals, I know.)

Exterior, nothing. It's perfect. Maybe a re-spray in graphite schwartz metallic.

I hope to keep this forever and keep it as close to standard as possible with out being a car with body roll or brakes that fade. Maybe a very light turbo just to get the 80's single cam engine up to speed with newer cars..

But hey. That is all, I'll be posting a little now that I have a BMW again aha.

Cu

Pics taken on a Canon 450D on the way home from work today. Just read about the calender you are putting together. May have to get some pro shots in the next few days...

post-1573-1224656969_thumb.jpg

Edited by Incary

Nice one mate good to see you back at bimmersport. Im glad you injoyed the ride in my car lol.

You will have to come to the next chch meet. BTW i love your new e30 mmmmmmmtech is so hot

Riley

Edited by Riley

I see you guys are going to Diamond Harbour. Definitely will come :D Love that road on the ZXR.

welcome back!

nice to see you are keeping in the e30 family, don't think i will ever leave it!

car looks nice and tidy

will look forward to the small updates

blair

Very nice, looks to be in top nick!

nice car mate, good score!

Hey mate, its same from a couple days ago. cheers for the kind words mate. should meet up sometime for a drive? my cell is 021310394. btw love the motorsport

Edited by Sammy J

A real shame about you last E30 mate, it looked quite cool. A crash is a good reason to get something bigger, badder and better!

Looks great, keep us informed on your progress (naturally hah)

Oh hell yeah it's way way way nicer than the old one. That had been thrashed and put on 18in chromes when I got it. It was very very cheap though. Still have all the goodies from it. Going to test fit the tesstarossa style sideskirts on this new car soon, might look pretty damn good. The old kit is a Kamei one.

Got your number saved Sammy, this weekend the car will be on stands but next weekend will be a go for sure. Could bring the camera and get some worthy pics too :D

Thanks all