Sign in to follow this  
allan

Which would you buy

The '03 motorsport. Looks way better, newer, seems to have more options. No price on it though.

Do you mind me asking the point? You interested in buying or something?

Without knowing the price on the motorsport Id take that. Sports seats, widescreen, phone, bodykit, sports suspension, glass sunroof, shadowline, 2003 model which was the very last.

Do I need to go on ?

The Motorsport is $25,990 sorry. Will require a further $2800 odd to get the GPS and phone running.

Eddy; not at all, have been hit once and do not wish to be hit again. Lets just say the present one has run its course, time for a change.With a veiw for better resale etc this time round. The fact that the 5's have taken a hit price wise because of petrol and other factors is also a factor to have a look at them again.

Some issues over imports and their service history as to NZ ones has been mentioned also. That is my reason why I now ask the question.

Cheers Allan

NZ new all the way, leather, FSH.

the 03 has all the the options but its an import...the other one has beige leather so is out instantly...

A few weeks back, I was looking at upgrading my 525i to a 2002 530i, I found one for $16k and the guy negotiated down to $14.5k which is almost half the price these are worth, the car was also in perfect condition, all service history etc... only difference was that they weren't msport models, so I fail to see why the mspsortness jacks up the price $10k+, I mean for the price they're going for you can get something like a 735i, or even a 2003 745i (there's one on trademe atm going for $29.5k which will negotiate down to $26.5k quite easy).

Seeing that they are about the same price, the 2003 M-Sport. I assume they're both negotiable though? (Depends on how much)

Also the M-Sport says it was serviced by JC BMW, how far back the service records go back would be a factor. I know NZ New is considered the best but it was produced in the final year and has more goodies. Just get it checked thoroughly and you could always buy mechanical insurance if you're worried.