Sign in to follow this  
bender

My european delivery experience

Nice Pics, great story. I don't think we have that opportunity in New Zealand, I think we are resigned to buying it from the dealer here.

However, some used car dealers are importing new BMW's from Japan and selling them at much cheaper prices than the dealers here.

Cheers

Welcome to the site, i wish i wasn't a poor student so i could go and do something like that. Nice car as well.

Grant - I was wondering why bimmers over here are so expensive, i was noticed the retail on that 330i was $35000 in the states, thats just over $50000 NZD whats the deal with that?

Nice pics, i've been through some of those places myself, I drove through the alps myself a couple of years back. It's so unbelievable how the mountains come straight out of the ground and go straight up.

They've got to be some of the most scenic drives in europe, espically driving through Tirol in Austria from Salzburg to Innsbruck then back down to Munich :mosh:

Took this picture of the Hahnenkahn while hanging out the window :wub:

post-9-1094003268.jpg

Edited by ///Carl

Nice pics, i've been through some of those places myself, I drove through the alps myself a couple of years back. It's so unbelievable how the mountains come straight out of the ground and go straight up.

They've got to be some of the most scenic drives in europe, espically driving through Tirol in Austria from Salzburg to Innsbruck then back down to Munich :mosh:

Took this picture of the Hahnenkahn while hanging out the window :wub:

yeah, the scenery was very beautiful. I can't wait to go back

im comming too! lol

hmmm dont have enuf to buy a brand new bimmer so ill buy 2 new bottle caps ! lol

and ill do my european delivery of them

Welcome to the site, i wish i wasn't a poor student so i could

Grant - I was wondering why bimmers over here are so expensive, i was noticed the retail on that 330i was $35000 in the states, thats just over $50000 NZD whats the deal with that?

That would be the wholesale price, before any options, dealer mark up, registration, tax etc.

Also almost everything is significantly cheaper in the USA than it is here, due to the economies of scale that can be developed in a country with the population base of the USA.

What is funny is that goods made in europe are still a lot cheaper in the USA than they are here (look at the price I am paying for suspension components there compared to here) even though the parts still have to travel from Europe to the USA.

Increased prices for a lot of goods is something that an isolated country like New Zealand has to live with.

Another possible reason is that people are prepared to pay higher prices for perceived 'luxury' items like BMW's. Having a higher price doesn't stop them being sold, so wh yshould the dealers lower the prices.

The place I know of that is importing new BMW's from Japan, buys them from the dealers in Japan who are falling behind in their quota of sales, so at the end of each quarter they are forced to offload cars to meet their quota.

Cheers

That would be one good thing about living in the states, cheap stuff.

Dam NZ for being small. Someone open up a BMW shop