Sign in to follow this  
ali

Pics of my E46

Glenn lets just say i get bored easily and work to hard...

She's a 5spd manual and sounds like a moped with a little pea shooter coming out the rear.

Ive been a little slow to do anything to this one as ive been taking apart and put back together the e36. If anyone needs advice on interior dismantling let me know im an expert ^_^

First up for the 46 is a ACS exhaust and most likely a GruppeM Induction kit not all at once but in short succession. Aim of course is to keep people honest and to get back some sort of thunder from under the hood, miss the six pot.

Posted Image

She's already got the sport Suspension so wont touch the undercarriage until i hve to. From there on it will be all cosmetics, M3 rep or M tech front bar, ACS roof spoiler again :wacko: , Silver ACS CF interior panels, Rouge Engineerings short shift with ACS gear knob, ACS wing mirrors with lots of little things in between. Most likely will go for the M tech Front and get ACS splitters.

Posted Image

Exhaust will be on by the end of the year for sure.....but all in all a two yr project tops :ph34r:

yah ts a 99 318 so no valvetronic in this baby, just a straight 1.8, shes just as quick as my e36 320 until you head towards the early to mid 100ks and the six pot just pulls.

GruppeM, yah isnt cheep but im not one to play with engines so look for the best in plug & play. Joe @ HTR (Hyper Turismo Racing) does a rep GruppeM which is meant to be the dogs which i think is about $400 cheaper than original ??

www.hyperturismo.com or http://www.e36coupe.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=15

Unfortunately i bought a BMC-CDA for the e36 but doesnt fit the 1.8 but it made a huge difference in performance and sound so stepping up a level i know wont be money wasted. Just means ive got a 6 month old carbon induction kit of a six pot i cant use .. sh*t happens :wacko:

Posted Image

What do you mean it doesn't fit!!!

Bring it down to the WS and I'll make it fit!!!

Glenn when was the last time you had the ti on the road!!!

Thats irrelevant, 'cause when it is on the road it's twice a fast as anything else on here!!!

And for the record, It was in perfect working order when I took it off the road!!!

Nice ride... :)

That GruppeM is an e36 one... the e46 one looks compleatly different. And it's a complete waste of money! There are many better options on the offer, K&N will be introducing one in Dec for the e46 and BMC already have one.

You can get GruppeM kit from Pneumatico on Beach Road, downtown but it's bloody expensive.

On the CDA you have... if it's 3.5" I will consider buying it off you... PM me if you like. If it's 3" it will fit on your e46.

Cheers mate those BBS rims are looking great on the M3, how do you find the REMUS.

Correct on the pic of the e36 with GruppeM, was the only one i could find short notice. I have a feeling that the CDA wont fit the M3 but ill have a check and let you know.

Closer to the time ill have another hunt around for induction kits, one thing ive found is that u dont buy this stuff in NZ they over charge something stupid.

Spending any money on a car is a waste of money, its just so fun thats all :rolleyes: