Sign in to follow this  
darkwolf

BMW 540i DSP Comparison

Hi all,

I new around here and having owned my first BMW for just under a fortnight now. I would like to get in contact with someone around the Palmerston North area with a DSP sound system in a 540i to view how the rear subwoofers are actually installed. I want to do a similar think with my Infinity Kappa series 6.5" Components that I bought not long before I bought my new car.

Obviously I can find out more information on the net but there is just something about seeing the installation in RL that can't be described by words and pictures.

Any help would be appreciated.

i have a dsp headunit and sub woffer for sale from a 96 528i

DSP subwoofers bolt up under the rear parcel tray, thus reducing the boot volume. They can be fitted to any E39, as the parcely tray mounting points exist in every car.

Compared to today's "craze" of having big kick-a** subs, the original BMW system is oftem said to be weak. But it depends on what you like....

DSP subwoofers bolt up under the rear parcel tray, thus reducing the boot volume. They can be fitted to any E39, as the parcely tray mounting points exist in every car.

Compared to today's "craze" of having big kick-a** subs, the original BMW system is oftem said to be weak. But it depends on what you like....

Yeah I know what they are and what they look like, would just like to see one in person just to see where everything goes. I'm not interested (anymore) in the massive subs. I've had two 12" subs in my celica for a year or so now. Great for wank factor and thats all. Just wanna put in my Brand New Infiniti Kappas that I JUST bought before I bought my BMW. Seems like a waste otherwise. So if I can find what one looks like and is installed like, I can make the box etc to mount them properly.

Yeah I know what they are and what they look like, would just like to see one in person just to see where everything goes. I'm not interested (anymore) in the massive subs. I've had two 12" subs in my celica for a year or so now. Great for wank factor and thats all. Just wanna put in my Brand New Infiniti Kappas that I JUST bought before I bought my BMW. Seems like a waste otherwise. So if I can find what one looks like and is installed like, I can make the box etc to mount them properly.

Might be too far for you (unless you fancy a wee road trip)but i've got DSP in mine-I'm in Hastings.Failing that I'm planning on being at Manfield Sunday week.

Might be too far for you (unless you fancy a wee road trip)but i've got DSP in mine-I'm in Hastings.Failing that I'm planning on being at Manfield Sunday week.

Always keen for a road trip, but not this fortnight :( damn insurance. So I'll meet you at manfeild if that's sweet.

Always keen for a road trip, but not this fortnight :( damn insurance. So I'll meet you at manfeild if that's sweet.

For sure.Send me a PM close to the day & we can meet up.

But why bother sticking Kappa components in the back?

Subwoofer frequencies are generally 20-80hz. Your Kappa would be lucky to get down below say 120hz (yes they will play lower but you'd need to put them in decent enclsoures).

A pair of components is wasted in the rear IMHO.

But why bother sticking Kappa components in the back?

Subwoofer frequencies are generally 20-80hz. Your Kappa would be lucky to get down below say 120hz (yes they will play lower but you'd need to put them in decent enclsoures).

A pair of components is wasted in the rear IMHO.

Because I have them, I just bought them, I figure I'll use em. And the woofers won't fit in any of the factory fittings.