Sign in to follow this  
greenday-rulz21

Thoughts required

Hey guys.

Was having a great day washing my car out the front of the house, washed it, dried it, parked it out on the grass verge to get the sun to dry the rest of what I had missed.

Then this F**KIN D*CKHEAD across the road starts mowing the grass verge outside a house. I thought all good. Untill I was washing another car in the driveway and then showers of stones hit me from behind and I heard this bang. Went out and checked the side of my car and theres this f**kin great dent and paint chip underneath the rub strip as well as quite a few other chips on the paint and a couple on the glass.

Went over and talked to the guy and he denied any liability. Luckily I know the owner of the house (Someone he hired was doing the lawns) and he's doing what he can.

Do you guys have any advice? I've only got third party so I can't really claim, and my excess would likely exceed the cost to get just the dent and paint repaired.

I'll try and get some pic's although it will probably be quite hard to see the little chips in the photos. It's just soo annoying. Theres always bloody something.

Sorry, i'm really pissed off. :angry:

take them to small claims court . thats your only option .

Yea, thought that would be my only option.

Any suggested repairers on the city side of the bridge? Need to get a quote this week. :mellow:

Guest SamSpargo

Any suggested repairers on the city side of the bridge? Need to get a quote this week. :mellow:

Auckland panel and paint or Evans European are the only ones I'd trust my ride to.

Hire him to mow your lawn, then accidently spill battery acid over his truck...

An eye for an eye?

Cut the hand of the thief?

Which country are we living in again?

That bloody sucks man...

Unfortunately I really don't think there is much you can do :(...

Will be a long drawn out process in court, probably cost a bit too if I am not mistaken.

Auckland panel and paint or Evans European are the only ones I'd trust my ride to.

Had some work done (twice!!!) at Evans and still wasn't happy with it... So I sold the car :)

Had some work done on my M3 at Precision Autowerk (Glenfield), only company I would let touch my car... I know it's not Central, but it was definitely worth the drive for me.

Edited by savant

Had some work done (twice!!!) at Evans and still wasn't happy with it... So I sold the car :)

Had some work done on my M3 at Precision Autowerk (Glenfield), only company I would let touch my car... I know it's not Central, but it was definitely worth the drive for me.

Agree with the quality of their work but jesus they're slow.

Yea, That would be first choice but they're on the extreme high side of pricing. Their work is fantastic though.

Arrg

Its not worth going to small claims court in my opinion, I guess you will just have to pay the price and get it fixed at your own cost. Keep in mind, revenge is sweet.

Yea, That would be first choice but they're on the extreme high side of pricing. Their work is fantastic though.

Arrg

well I guess it comes down to if you want to pay a half decent price for a mediocre finish or a bit more for a flawless one? Precision do the best work its always my first stop when I need work done.

If Otahuhu is not too far away for you, I can recommend Peter Groves of Topline Auto Panel & Paint. Pukeiti St. Ph.276 3816.