Sign in to follow this  
Avenged.SSE

Most expensive car in NZ?!

Hiya!

This question has been bugging me for a while because I often look at the highest price cars on trademe and it's normally either a Ferrari or a Lambo, but I am very interested to know what the most expensive one in NZ would be.... I mean I'm quite certain there are no Bugattis here, but what about other super cars like Saleens etc? Anyone seen anything exceptional on the roads (other than Lambos/F430s/F360s)?

at the moment i'd say its the 2008 Koenigsegg CCX that will be on show at BBT this weekend

Dad has a mate with a few 8c's, fangio's 250f, a 250gto, bug t35, f40 etc etc etc you get the drift... he has them restored at a place in chritchurch and they also store some for him....

There's a Blower Bentley with a hoard of racing pedigree owned by the Southward family, that I occasionally see on a blast round Lower Hutt... I would think it's worth a fair fortune?

I'd say the most expensive cars in NZ are ones with exceptional history. Oh and those GTHO Falcons, haha!

There's a Blower Bentley with a hoard of racing pedigree owned by the Southward family, that I occasionally see on a blast round Lower Hutt... I would think it's worth a fair fortune?

I'd say the most expensive cars in NZ are ones with exceptional history. Oh and those GTHO Falcons, haha!

Wouldn't the 2008 CCX sell more than any car with exceptional history (bar the obvious few that have been owned by uber famous people)?

Wouldn't the 2008 CCX sell more than any car with exceptional history (bar the obvious few that have been owned by uber famous people)?

Completely depends on the marketplace- classic car values went mad in the 1980s, then dropped severely...

There are some exceptionally valuable classics in NZ, that would most likely be sold overseas if they found their way to sale. I'm not sure how much the CCX is worth new - but there's bound to be some super rare classics in NZ worth over two million dollars on a good day at auction.

For the record, the highest price ever paid for a car was in 1987, for a 1931 Bugatti Royale - A cool US$8,700,000!

^^ yeah saw that too.but thought 2.8million

Yes the TV3 News coverage said something alongthe lines of 2.something million and that the owner is yet to sell ANY.

Edited by stolen

Not road legal but the ferrari enzo at 2mill has gotta be up there.

Might not be road legal, but have seen it driving through Remuera shops in Auckland before.

I'd agree that some of the classics around the place are going to be top of the heap.

on a slightly less esoteric note...i was astounded that a 911 derivative....was $199,000 second hand...couple of weeks later was $179 000.Wasnt a gt2 or gt3

Think it was in the herald i read 3.1 million new for CCX

One was on sale for $1.6mil USD which is $2,792,496.22 NZD

Guest SamSpargo

The yellow macca in wellington would have to be up there.

Shame that XP4 (sorry, I'm a Mclaren anorak) got sold overseas - it was the car that originally set the speed record of 231.8mph.

Anyone else read that F1 LM's are now valued at over 14million NZD? f**k me that is appreciation - nearly a 5 fold increase in value over 12 or so years

The yellow macca in wellington would have to be up there.

Shame that XP4 (sorry, I'm a Mclaren anorak) got sold overseas - it was the car that originally set the speed record of 231.8mph.

Anyone else read that F1 LM's are now valued at over 14million NZD? f**k me that is appreciation - nearly a 5 fold increase in value over 12 or so years

theres a guy my dad knows somewhere near auckland with one of denny hulmes original can am cars thats gotta be worth sh*t loads i have seen it at his house before but i was young enough to not take note of how special it was

I think there's an original 60's Mercedes SL gullwing in a museum somewhere in the country. They are worth huuuuuuuuge money.

I think there's an original 60's Mercedes SL gullwing in a museum somewhere in the country. They are worth huuuuuuuuge money.

It's at Southwards- and is a 1955 model, a beautifully restored car... likely worth over $1m

It's at Southwards- and is a 1955 model, a beautifully restored car... likely worth over $1m

And sits quite nicely in front of a huge set of open doors should someone hit the fire alarm :ph34r: