Sign in to follow this  
Guest Si Vis Pacem

Stolen E30 f/l

Guest Si Vis Pacem

Hi Folks

If anyone sees or is offered a 1990 grey, 4-door E30, registration XM1479 please let me know! It belongs to a mate of mine who had parked it near the petrol station next to Wellington airport. It would have been stolen sometime between Friday last and early this morning. Really gutting as this car looked new - 1 NZ owner from import and only 82k on the clock!

Regards

Ken.

Sorry to hear, hope your mate gets it back and in perfect condition.

I'm sure people will keep their eyes peeled.

Ahh sorry to hear that. Will keep an eye out.

Guest Si Vis Pacem

For what it's worth - this car was a Jap import and still had that funny plastic moulding for the rear number plate which makes the NZ plate look rather squashed in.

Also, has a sunroof which you don't see that often on 320s.

I will keep an eye out, drive around whole wellington area most days so will keep my eyes peeled

Sorry to the owner if this is fully ligit but it is quite consaquensial, e30 4door, grey, broken barrel, and ignition, in wellington, de-regd, 175000 on the odo??? http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=186601574

The number plate matches up on car jam http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=XM1479+&search=Check to what he is saying.

Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully he can get it back soon.

Hi Folks

If anyone sees or is offered a 1990 grey, 4-door E30, registration XM1479 please let me know! It belongs to a mate of mine who had parked it near the petrol station next to Wellington airport. It would have been stolen sometime between Friday last and early this morning. Really gutting as this car looked new - 1 NZ owner from import and only 82k on the clock!

Regards

Ken.

I'm not being a smart ass, but have you tried calling any towing firms?

A mate of mine who is a real tightarse always used to utilise free parking in Strathmore when he flew anywhere. He once went away for a week and came back to find his car had vanished. He initially thought it was stolen but then found out WCC had it towed as it was slightly over someones drive and had been there without movement for a week...

Anyways, hope your friend finds his car or has good insurance coverage.

Edited by Penry

I'm not being a smart ass, but have you tried calling any towing firms?

A mate of mine who is a real jew always used to utilise free parking in Strathmore when he flew anywhere. He once went away for a week and came back to find his car had vanished. He initially thought it was stolen but then found out WCC had it towed as it was slightly over someones drive and had been there without movement for a week...

Anyways, hope your friend finds his car or has good insurance coverage.

Yeah I parked in New Market once and paid for my parking, came back a few hours later and the car was gone. 1st thought was it may have been stolen or something. Luckily I saw a tow truck driver nearby and asked if he knew if it had been towed.

The towie stories remind me of this tool I used to flat with in Dunedin.

Woke up one morning after a really really drunk night out and his car was gone. Keys were where they always were.

Asked all the flatties if they had borrowed it and parked it somewhere different - no.

Reported it stolen.

He found it 2 weeks later in a public carpark near town with 2 weeks worth of parking tickets.

That was when he remembered driving it drunk into town and forgetting he left it there.

Got out of the parking tickets as he'd reported it stolen.

Guest Si Vis Pacem

Found!!!

Funny story this one. To recap - it was parked on the road near the airport whilst the owner was away for a couple of days, when he came back - car was gone. He has just been rung by the cops to say that the car had been in an accident, ie. someone had run into it and the wreck had been towed away; this was over 2 weeks ago! Anyway, the cops had not contacted my friend at the time and the car has been residing at a tow-yard. The tow operator as part of his routine noted that the car had been sitting around for awhile and rang the cops. This turned on a lightbulb and the cops duly and very apologetically contacted my friend this morning.

The odd thing is that he had contacted the various "authorities" in terms of contact numbers for stolen vehicles and tow operators etc. but nothing had turned up. Clearly this is a case of a very clogged paperwork/system trail, or maybe Murphy's law? Judging by the description of the damage it is very probable that the car will be written off.

Thanks to all of you for your very valid suggestions - may you never have to enact upon them yourselves!

Cheers

Ken.

Bugger, really sorry to hear about it though- would rather it was found and drivable than written off through some f***wit driving into the back of it... :(