Sign in to follow this  
bemmaboi

LoweringSprings

Hoping some one can help me,

Ive put jamex lowering springs in, but it is sitting a inch or so higher at the back.

I always thought that you could compress your springs and it will be a.o.k.....

But asking around, Mag and Turbo etc..... Have told me that you cant pass your w.o.f because the springs will not be intacted. Is his true?A couple of my mates have Compressed their springs and have gota way with this? Any help would be great

Guest Andrew

compressed springs are ilegal for the reason they change the spring rates incorrectly and are plain dodgy.

You mean its sitting higher front/rear?

Did you get the correct springs - are your tyres the same profile - did you put too many spring pads in at the back?

Thanks,

Its higher at the back then the front, which is normaly the other way around.

Ive spoken around, and found dave hardly's in wellington will fit new springs for me, for a pretty good price (over $150 cheaper then what i paid 6months ago at mag and turbo), and will get my ride high as il like it.

compressed springs are ilegal for the reason they change the spring rates incorrectly and are plain dodgy.

You mean its sitting higher front/rear?

Did you get the correct springs - are your tyres the same profile - did you put too many spring pads in at the back?

When i got my springs fitted at mag and turbo, i asked for jamex because it was a euro brand (at least i think it is), and because people have told me its pretty good.

Yip ive got the same tyre tread all round, and im unsure about spring pads because mag and turbo fitted it for me. Cheers

iv got jamex 40mm in my 318i and it does the same thing did it in both of the 318i iv had the springs in, same profile tyre alround and mine are defanatly 40mm spring kit front and back

Bemaboi, have you tried the guys at Maclennan Performance down Willis Street? They maybe able to help you, as I had them do my suspension and shocks. NOt too bad job, and they're decent fullas and fullesses.

King springs are the only way to go with KYB shocks. You should try to make to to the next intermark race and ask Hartage if he will take you as a passanger and then you can feel what they are like.

*Convert to the way of Hartage's shock system*

I have and love it

Guest Andrew

King springs are the only way to go with KYB shocks. You should try to make to to the next intermark race and ask Hartage if he will take you as a passanger and then you can feel what they are like.

*Convert to the way of Hartage's shock system*

I have and love it

Hmm I have direct comparisons with cars with Jamex/Bilstein King/KYB Jamex & H&R/Koni combos are easily the worse was the King/KYB. So soft compared to the others combined with a rear end that doesn't move enough.