Sign in to follow this  
petone

My sounds setup

Get a f***ing 8-track and some paper cone speakers and have done with. You boys and your maths, and subs facing forwards stuff. Mind-blowing when your hung-over!

In my car I have too soundstages - front for driving and off the rear deck when I'm with a lady in the back. I have an "A/B" switch so you choose which sound stage to use. The subs in the boot even rotate 180 degrees between sound stages.

Pretty cool set-up eh?

(Deliberate spelling mistake left in for CilK WuRM to edit)

Get a f***ing 8-track and some paper cone speakers and have done with. You boys and your maths, and subs facing forwards stuff. Mind-blowing when your hung-over!

In my car I have too soundstages - front for driving and off the rear deck when I'm with a lady in the back. I have an "A/B" switch so you choose which sound stage to use. The subs in the boot even rotate 180 degrees between sound stages.

Pretty cool set-up eh?

(Deliberate spelling mistake left in for CilK WuRM to edit)

:lol::lol::lol::lol: thats just brilliant! a mate of mine swore by having his sub facing forwad - one day i grabbed his keys, went out to his car and turned it around. He has never gone back.

In my 325i Sport, I had a little 8" JBL sub firing through the ski-hole port (with armrest acting as a baffle) and it sounded damn good. Admitting that the two 10"s in the M3 are boot sealed, facing backwards, and, of course, driven hard. The Mu has its 12" facing backwards (but then a big cabin for the base to drop).

Now, being technically / scientifically challenged, I'm not competent enough to enter the forward / rear facing debate but suggest the following:

1. we're not going for competition standard installs;

2. as long as it sounds good, who cares;

3. as long as its a stealth install, who cares; and

4. a car isn't the best sound environment, so will it REALLY matter?

One other question, my JBL CF100s home speakers have 10" subs facing forward (as well as the tweeters and mid-range) and they sound good. Should I be facing them against the wall though?

4. a car isn't the best sound environment, so will it REALLY matter?

One other question, my JBL CF100s home speakers have 10" subs facing forward (as well as the tweeters and mid-range) and they sound good. Should I be facing them against the wall though?

actualy a car is almost ideal to reproduce sound in :rolleyes:

and the subs that are in your home are not car speakers remember, and the size of a small room is generally 10x bigger than the cabin of an average car.

meh completly different environments so they have different optimums.

i see sams back, bump again for himizzle :finger: