Sign in to follow this  
Braeden320

Thanks

Quick thanks to everyone on this forum for all of the help ive had in my time here, Its been really enjoyable.

Special thanks to Brent and Ray (Hellbm( for always having good quality 2nd hand parts

I've just purchased a 2004 Ford Mondeo ST220, 6speed,V6,Leather, the works.

It was a trade off between one of these and a 330i, Most of you won't agree with the ford over the 330i but the ST220 is one hell of a car and I simply enjoyed driving it more. I drove a handfull of 330's and only 2 ST220's. There are only 3 for sale in the country at the moment and I brought one. There quite a rare car in New Zealand.

I got $4500 as a trade in for my 98 320i done 156xxxk's. I was happy with that and couldn't be bothered selling on trade me.

Will post up pics if anyone is interested, I'll still be kicking around, just not as often!

Edited by braeden.

The ST220 is a mean car, my dad tried to buy one of the wagon version when the occasional one pops up. My family have a Old shape Focus ST170 (my daily driver atm while my car is being built, and hands down it is the best car I have ever driven and probly wont be beaten till I buy a e30 m3 haha) so you can expect the same from the mondeo im sure. We also have a New Focus ST Turbo and that is a rocket ship, so I can vouch for ST's drivability and all out badassness. Best of luck with the new car, enjoy it :)

Guest SamSpargo

You can stay dude :D , this is pretty much the best car forum in NZ!

(Feel the love :wub: )

Edited by SamSpargo

I say fair enough, and i must say, it looks like a very nice car.

I don't blame you for limiting yourself to BMW, I certainly won't be. Hell, I just about bought a damn 1979 Mini last week and a Golf GTi the week before. Thats the joys of different car manufacturers and their designers.

Yes, post pics! Have you still got the Hellrot E36?

Good stuff mate they are awesome cars had a race with my mates bosses threw Onewhero when I had my Astra and I couldn’t pull away through the corners..

What colour did you go for?? I wanted the missus to get one but there were none available up here so we went with its competition, the Vectra CDXi or GTS/GSI as its known in Europe.

Since we're talking vectras and mondeos, and this is a bmw forum....

:( Do post pics. I'm pretty ignorant about Fords.

But good to hear you will still be popping in. You still have the Hellrot E36 after all, I assume :)

Watch the video - plenty of shots of what it looks like - or google image.

Cheers Guys, Really looking forward to picking it up at 9am.

Yep Yuen still have the Hellrot 323i.

My ST220 is identical to this one, I'll post up pics of the real thing over the weekend.

+1 for the best car forum in new zealand :D

post-2185-1227806908_thumb.jpg

post-2185-1227806913_thumb.jpg

post-2185-1227806918_thumb.jpg

They are hot, Silver with red leather is nice.

One on Trade-Me

As Clowson sais, the Mondeo is a brilliant car… Wish our Vectra had a Turbo like that one, looks nuts!! Can verify that they don’t handle that well, I would describe the Vectra as more than adequate but about as dynamic as a meat cleaver. Good cruisers, the Mondeo is in a different league.

Good old English Fords :)

Well done mate, I'm quite a fan of the Mondeo ST220, I was very tempted to get an ST220 wagon a year or two back. I prefer the wagons over the sedans though.

Anyone saving up for the new Focus RS? :P

Guest SamSpargo

Well done mate, I'm quite a fan of the Mondeo ST220, I was very tempted to get an ST220 wagon a year or two back. I prefer the wagons over the sedans though.

Not when there are still R26.R's for sale! :o

My dad is :D Im praying

Not when there are still R26.R's for sale! :o

Posted Image

VS same cost

Posted Image

=Fail

Mitsubishi’s bar is high, let’s see who can reach it.