Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ari Gold

New Ram-Air intake

Guest Andrew

That huge tube must really improve torque all round - and water in the intake acts like water cooling and is just plain badass.

Are you sure that's not one of those fuel arms used for refilling the tank from a fuel tanker while on the motorway???

I really like how it fits in nicely with his other performance mods like the flash as rims and car bra... :wacko:

i love retards, that is doing more harm than good.

therefore i shall advise the owner to.....

Posted Image

As i learnt in the weekend...

The idea is that the water going in is vaporised and turns to steam, which raises the compression ratio, so you get more power. Pretty good idea really when you think about it.

Guest Andrew

As i learnt in the weekend...

The idea is that the water going in is vaporised and turns to steam, which raises the compression ratio, so you get more power. Pretty good idea really when you think about it.

The main use of water "injection" is to reduce air temperatures on turbo cars. It does have some N/A uses although that was back in the olden days (your compression idea). If you spray a hose up in the air with a fine mist of water and walk through it.. notice how well it makes you feel cool. A fine mist of water will cool air very quickly - i.e put that on one of the boost pipes on a turbo car and the air temp with reduce resulting in denser air.. less knock more power etc.

So if you want your 318 to make more power.. connect the intake piping straight to the washer fluid.. instant 20hp I'd put money on it.

I was talking about the old school car idea, Ian had a carb for one of his other cars that had water injection.

My hand naturally finds its way to my pants

you mean that doesnt happen all the time?

whats wrong with you people?

OMG what a great idea, im going out to buy myself a car bra and those sexy looking mags? Anyone know where i can find sum? And da podie? that guy must of been the smartest person eva. Great thinking............ :lol::lol:

They look like the mags that cops have .. haha .. you can just roll along and ask them for some .. HAHAH !