Sign in to follow this  
jjs

CAR Magazine launches in NZ

See http://www.carmagazine.co.nz/

Not sure if there is room in the market for another magazine, but am looking forward to buying CAR. I like TopGear, but CAR and EVO are my favourites. I don't waste my time with NZ Autocar and Driver anymore.

Will be much better than my current situation of paying $17 for two-month old UK CAR mags.

EDIT: Just subscribed! See the website for an introductury offer of only $40 for six months

Edited by Crockett

I thought NZ autocar was pretty good actually..

As do I, I have subscribed for years and find there info is up to date and quite informative. The offshore mags are ok but lack NZ relevant contend.

I don't waste my time with NZ Autocar and Driver anymore.

They are well below the standards of Evo or Car magazine. I've got an NZ autocar and a car mag sitting in front of me and theres no question about which I prefer.

Will keep a look out for the mag.

As do I, I have subscribed for years and find there info is up to date and quite informative. The offshore mags are ok but lack NZ relevant contend.

IMHO, the NZ mags do little more than regurgitate car company press releases and there is very little material comparing different cars. However, my two biggest peeves with NZ Autocar and Driver are the lack of used car coverage and (worst of all) how they never say anything bad about any vehicles. If something IS rubbish, why be afraid to say so? I love it how the UK mags aren't scared to voice an opinion.

In saying that I hate how I read UK Autocar, Wheels, Motor etc and then the same articles are just copied and pasted virtually into NZ Autocar everyonce in a while. Surely they know some readrs dont just read their magazine. lol

Ah... my favourite magazine. I think CAR and EVO are the absolute best, and BMWCar for Bimmer specific content. Does anyone know if the NZ CAR will be as good as the UK one, but just with local content here and there? Don't want to subscribe then find out they only share the same name.

Also, any idea when this '$40 for 6 months subscription' special ends?

Guest SamSpargo

Evo is miles ahead of any car magazine in the world.

I read CAR from 11 to about 17 until I picked up my first EVO (550M vs. Diablo, blue cover)

I have heaps of oldskool CAR issues stored away, as my best mate's father used to buy it religiously. He ended up giving me over 500 issues. Was quite a summer beside the pool!

Best ever car issue was their article on a bright yelow F50 Spider Vs. a Fina Mclaren F1 GTR Longtail.

For me EVO is the best,but i still buy the odd Autocar ,or Aussie Motor magazine if there is a group test or supercar review.

Even Top Gear NZ copies Top Gear Australia, which copies Top Gear UK.

I prefer Car over Evo, but for the latest car news, I like AutoCar Weekly.