Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

e30 brake lights

my e30 brake lights are not working can comeone tell me what number in the fuse box they are

checked the switch and bulbs, all look fine.

help help help its the only thing left to fail my wof :lol:

Edited by Jamez

you checked the plugs on the back of the lights inside the boot? left mine loose ish off once and they wouldnt go

Did you use a test light or are you just looking ??

just looking, like when i turn on the lights the rear red lights work :( do the switches ever fail? and what number on the fuse box are the brake lights , its a pre face lift

because it keeps blowing fuse No.6 i also changed No.20 since it was also blown

Check to see if you have power to one of the switch terminals with the ignition on. If you have, put your test light on the other terminal and push your brake pedal down. If the light comes on its not the switch. I cant remember the fuse number off hand and I'm in the middle of doing an upgrade on our systems at the moment. Someone on here should be able to help with that info. Or just pop down to a freindly sparky

problem fixed, well kind of

replaced fuse No.6 with a 30w fuse , as it kept blowing 5w, i don't know how it could even run of a 5 anyway.

that makes the inside red lights work, the next light is the night time light but what is the 3rd red light for?

is it meant to also work when i press the brake?

that makes the inside red lights work, the next light is the night time light but what is the 3rd red light for?

is it meant to also work when i press the brake?

No, they might be the rear fog lights. You may or may not have the switch next to your headlight switch for them.