Sign in to follow this  
aliluya

Factory Warranty avoidance

Hey does anyone know what modifications to the car can void factory warranties ?

Or rather what mods can you do to the car without voiding the warranty....

Could i change the xenon bulbs ? Intake systems ? Mags ? etc etc ...

yeah im gonna ask the same question too.....is my e30 still covered by warranty if i modify the intake system at all or change my mags?

read the warranty...

or ask the dealers.

mostly any mods will void it

I don't have the warranty papers and stuff ... me olds have them ..(I think .. if there is any)

Well what i want to do first is change the xenon bulbs to around 8000K.. any recommendations on them ? And where i can get them locally ?? They are H4 bi-xenon's ..

Edited by aliluya

Guest Andrew

from my experiaece - any non-factory mags void the warranty (esp. if they increase the track of the car at all) . I imagine lights would void its warranty also.

Well what i want to do first is change the xenon bulbs to around 8000K.. any recommendations on them ? And where i can get them locally ?? They are H4 bi-xenon's ..

Yeah my old man did the exact same thing on his LS430, and he also did wheels. the wheels werent even much different, and both voided the warranty. lucky the car hasnt broke yet!!

I can understand mechanical stuff being changed altering a warranty, but changing mags?? Seems harsh to me.

Aliluya if you're changing the lights through the dealer it shouldn't affect the factory warranty.

Edited by shadowninja

I can understand mechanical stuff being changed altering a warranty, but changing mags??

think about it dude, mags change the track of the car, they can piss round with the speedo, and cause problems with the other suspension compnents putting more strain on them, they may be faulty and cause an accident then you try get a warrenty?... not gonna happen. if you aint got the papers outlining the terms, consider the car void if any non factory changes are made to suspension, brakes, lighting, and engine, at least!

consider the car void if any non factory changes are made to suspension, brakes, lighting, and engine, at least!

Except of course if you buy the car already modified - and buy a warranty yourself - like if it came with a bigger exhaust and a set of 17s and what not, if you buy a warranty with the car already done, then those cars are covered... But I find, that what they dont know wont hurt them!!! :P

Umm .. id rather not do that .. if they don't know wont hurt them, cause if they do find out one day a lot of money could be on the line .. if you get what i mean ...

i wouldnt worry bout lights man, just do low key mods, and if anything did happen to go wrong change it back to standard before you take it in to get fixed!

i wouldnt worry bout lights man, just do low key mods, and if anything did happen to go wrong change it back to standard before you take it in to get fixed!

What exactly do you mean by low key mods ?

I like the 8000K lights because of the colour they are ... they are white/blue .... rather than the white/yellow currently ..

they will if they aint standard.

lighting will be inspected in rear ended situations also night crashes.

so it could be your ass if they specify no changes to be made.

Sic, they talking about warranty not insurance. If you cars involved in a accident you not going to be worried about warranty are you? Just do what downlow said. Springs and mags etc are easy enough to change if you have make a warranty claim, and i doubt they could prove you had mags or whatever on your car.

i realised this. i was pointing out its the same as insurance, just didnt write it properly.. :D

meh, ignore it.

So all in all is it going to be safe to change my light bulbs ? just the light bulbs only ..

xenon bulbs

I want the second one from the right on the main page ..

Guest Andrew

So all in all is it going to be safe to change my light bulbs ? just the light bulbs only ..

xenon bulbs

I want the second one from the right on the main page ..

just be wary if anything goes wrong with your lights (like they melt) you won't be getting any warranty.