Sign in to follow this  
scotty

323i to 328i Exhaust swap

Hi Guys,

Finally have to swap my exhaust as my cat is stuffed in my current one, So i thought i might as well go for the 328i Exhaust instead. My current exhaust has a cat converter, will the 328i exhaust need to have a cat for the sensors etc or will it be fine without them (I would rather have one without a catalytic converter but if i have to i have to)

Thanks for your help

The 328i exhaust is only different from the cat converter back. So yes you will retain the cat, unless you replace it with a resonator instead.

The 328i exhaust is only different from the cat converter back. So yes you will retain the cat, unless you replace it with a resonator instead.

So if the exhaust didn't have a cat it would work fine?

I've done it, its basically a bolt on bolt off mod, no need to fiddle with the o2 sensors, the only thing you need to get is new exhaust gaskets and make sure the two cats on the replacement exhaust are in good nick. Also make sure you don't chuck out the old cat or give it away for free since its worth like $50.

Did you dyno before and after or can you indictae what gains you got?

Haven't done anything on a dyno (before or after) but i can definately notice a difference. Was easy as to install, just did it in an afternoon. Everything bolted straight on.