Sign in to follow this  
MadMurry

Headlight cover for 330Ci E46 (2 door) cracked

Hi guys,

Excellent site you've got with a hell of a lot of great info.

I just wanted to find out two things:

1) Is it possible to replace the plastic headlight cover for my E46 (330Ci, year 2000) as it's cracked or would I have to replace the whole headlight assembly?

2) Where would I be able to track one down second hand and what is it likely to cost me? I'm located in Tauranga if anyone is familiar with the area and would recommend a place.

Sorry if these questions are simple.

Thank you :)

post-3853-1228898804_thumb.jpg

Edited by mythan

You can only buy the lense body... about $900 new. Shop around for a 2nd hand one

If you have glass cover on your insurance policy it would be covered with no excess

Edited by *Glenn*

So you asked me on Trade me about this. I have a pair for a 4 door about the same cond yours are in but not cracked, (obviously ha). Im not sure if they are the same as the coupe ones.

Its not why the water is getting into the indicator though. They are a separate unit.

So you asked me on Trade me about this. I have a pair for a 4 door about the same cond yours are in but not cracked, (obviously ha). Im not sure if they are the same as the coupe ones.

Its not why the water is getting into the indicator though. They are a separate unit.

Hi ya, no unfortunately they are not the same as the coupe ones. I left you a message on TradeMe (before I saw this one) asking that if you ever do manage to track down ones for a coupe, to please let me know.

Yeah, was also wondering about the indicator - noticed they were separate but thought it would be related to the crack. I'll investigate further what the problem is there.

Thanks for your time :)

You can only buy the lense body... about $900 new. Shop around for a 2nd hand one

If you have glass cover on your insurance policy it would be covered with no excess

Hi Glenn,

I had a chat to AMI earlier tonight, have full insurance but they said that the glass cover only the windows/windscreen and not the headlights. Had to call them a couple of times and asked both about what the glass cover entitles.

Though, at that cost new even paying the excess would be a bargain ;)

Thanks