Sign in to follow this  
Guest SamSpargo

My favourite M325i is for sale

Guest SamSpargo

Still remember the first time I saw it parked on high st nearly 8 years ago.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-191653493.htm

http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=xd1236&search=Check

pre face lift tails, with face lift lower arches... and genuine full M-tech kit. Not to mention Schnitzer 16's.

Bit of a bitsa, I can't work out why it's got prefacelift tails, I though it had had a smack up the bum at some point and they'd cut out the rear section and welded in a prefacelift one without realising, but the car is an 87... with the lowerfacelift arches...

Its owned by a guy in Titirangi. Its a very tidy car, looks really good in person. Its never had a smack or anything, thats just how it was.

Not to hi-jack topic... (this may need moving?)

Just noticed on the car jam report that the car had (apparently) dropped about 80k+ off odo in '98.

When checking other listings have seen drops as well. Is this catagorically tampering or can repairs like an engine replacement, recon etc legitimately reduce the odo reading? - is there such a thing as legitimate lowering of odo reading!? How accurate are the reports?

Edited by BLACK DORIS

To me seems like the 74,000 should be 174,000 . Id guess the WOF guy probably missed out the 1

I hate people that automatically jump to conclusions looking at Carjam before using a little common sense.

The next reading after the "odometer decrease" is 197,292km, which is a difference of 123292km.

Looking at the usage between all the other WoFs you can logically work out that the 74,000km reading should be 174,000. Car usage would not jump from around 15 km per day to a sudden 327km per day for one year and then back to around 50 km a day.

ViR reports place this info in a graph, so one can see the usage and can work out any errors.

I hate people that automatically jump to conclusions looking at Carjam before using a little common sense.

Fair enough. That's the point of the question/s :ph34r:.

Edited by BLACK DORIS

290000 miles :o

even with an engine rebuild and extensive service history, surely nothing lasts forever

Looks friggin awesome though