Sign in to follow this  
rollas22

What r E30 Motorsports worth?

Just wondering what E30 325i Motorsports are worth these days?

Im looking at selling my 88 325i motorsport, all original, mintest ive come across. Silver, 144miles, lowered, new rubber, factory kit, alarm, etc.....

all the motorsport options, always serviced and looked after!

Guest Andrew

depends how nice it is - does it have the black headliner. Does it have the motorsport engine? etc etc.. 9 - 10 k if it really is that mint and a genuine motorsport.

This topic was hotly debated in the past. All depends on condition, whether factory m/s or aftermarket, etc, etc, etc. It is worth what someone will pay you for it. Only takes one buyer.

It is worth what someone will pay you for it.

end of story.

ill give ya about a, a three fity

Guest Spargo

The mintest i've ever seen (1991 M-Tec II, 2.7, Granite silver [individual sport colour], black leather) is for sale for 14.5K.

But there is a red 1990 M-tec II with full SE and Motorsport options, leather etc etc for 16K, which is silly money, although it has FBMWSH and has only done 80K.

They're only worth what someone will pay for them, and right now, the market is saturated with them. It seems everyoen who wanted one has got one.

Imports also sell for less, as they've been exposed to roads that have been salted over winter.

I'd say yours was worth 9-10K?

red 1990 M-tec II with full SE and Motorsport options, leather etc etc for 16K, which is silly money, although it has FBMWSH and has only done 80K

:blush:

I need that!

I need an mtech II to go with my 1

Lets see da pics

Hi there, i am new to the Board. I am looking to buy an E30 Motorsport. I would prefer a later model with low k's and NZ new. This thread mentioned a 1991 Granite Silver car - i would appreciate it if you could post some contact details for this car - and also maybe for the red one. I will pay a fair price for the right car.

Cheers

Start high - and always come down. I'd ask $16.5 and move from there. Esp. if it is factory. Much of what is in NZ (in my opinion) is "rated higher" than what it actually is. CiLK Worm will disagree, I am sure, but that is his perogative. Ask yourself, what would I pay for this on the open market (which you already know, because you bought it in the first place) and that will give you and indication. Don't expect to make money - unless it is a Sport / M3 / Alpina / Hartge (and in respect of all - GENUINE). Enough. Good luck with your sale.

Guest Spargo

Nothing wrong with a little disagreement Juzzie!

Unless you are buying one with the Tricky engine (NZ- Motorsport, elsewhere- Sport), all your buying is a tarted up 325i. Admitedly, the best non-M E30 there is, but still...

Actually, I think we agree, much of the NZ stuff is way over priced (is that what you're trying to say?) example: TMBMW asking 16K for a red one, which wasn't a factory example (ie: it was kitted up here, not in germany) and it had done 200K! No options either.

The market right now is a buyers one, rather than a sellers market. Come summer, i think it will be different... But at the moment, there is a glut, and cars are sitting unsold, for resonable prices for months on end! My advice would be hang onto it, and if someone comes up and asks to buy it, bite his gand off!

Also, if your car is a UK import, it's a Sport, rather than a NZ car, which are known as Motorsports. (to add further confusion, the Scandanavian market cars were known as 325i with M-Packet and Spoilers)

That is to say, if it's not one of 3000 or so Sports with the high comp motor.