Sign in to follow this  
bmw.maniac

Best e39 tyres (from a tyre n00b!)

Dad's wanting to know the best tyres to go on his 17" (I think) Style 32s on his '01 530i

He wants the ideal tyre qualities, quiet, comfortable, durable performance tyres etc.

It currently has of Michelin Pilot Preceda 2s on it.

Any input appreciated.

Cheers

Dad's wanting to know the best tyres to go on his 17" (I think) Style 32s on his '01 530i

He wants the ideal tyre qualities, quiet, comfortable, durable performance tyres etc.

It currently has of Michelin Pilot Preceda 2s on it.

Any input appreciated.

Cheers

I am running Toyo CT01's non directional. Nice and quiet and great performance. Good in price too. Made in Japan.

Yokohama C.drive

http://www.yokohama.co.nz/c_drive.html

Did a fair whack of research before buying mine. Everyone gave me different recommendations so it's a bit of a lottery.

Had e39 shimmy before I stuck these on - no longer an issue. Cost $254 each fitted & balanced.

Reasonably well written review:

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onem...s/yokohama.html

When I was putting new rubber on my 4x4 I got quotes ranging from $330 to $570 per tyre (same brand, same model, same size) so make sure you ring around the tyre shops.

Edited by rogan

Have 235/45 ZR17 94w Goodyear Eagle F1's on the front of my E39 530 coming up to 40,000km on them and they read 5mm of tread left in Feb when an new wof was issued. On the rear have GT radials Champiro HPZ-45 235/45 ZR17 97w again with 5mm of tread have had no issue's with either. The tyre pressure's I have checked and kept up to MFS at all time's. Just what I'm running if it's of any help will depend a lot on what the vehicle is going to be used for plus the loads it is likely to carry.

Allan

Yoko C-drive is a commuter tyre for grannys

lol . Perfect for me then. I drive like a nanna.

Im not being funny Eddy but you should do a search on this. 'What tyres should I get' must be THE MOST DISCUSSED thread on Bimmersport.

Unfortunately its possibly THE MOST SUBJECTIVE subject aswell. As you can see by the replies already everyone has a different opinion because we all have different cars, with different tyres, with different wheels, have different budgets and different priorities the last time they bought the tyres.

I dont think any of the posts so far are any different to whats been posted before so IMO it comes down to the money you have to spend.

For what its worth Ive had Falken FK451's in 18' on the 7 and loved them however once they started to wear down they went very quickly, Ive had Dunlop SP Sport 01's in 18' on the 7 and didnt like them at all and I now Falken FK452's in 18' on the touring and love them to bits.

But to be perfectly honest, unless you have the same size tyre on the same car and get to drive them back to back the same day I really doubt the average person would notice much difference, assuming your comparing tyres in the same 'range' that is.

Lots of us have Nexens thanks to Johno's recommendation and I have to say they are great on my wife's Focus but Im still probably too snobby to have them on the touring !

Edited by Penry