Sign in to follow this  
Gus

Z3/M3 rack - want pricing urgently

Does anyone have one of these lying about? I'm looking at selling my stuff here as it's a pain the arse to ship - do you have an idea of cost?

Might be keen to buy around Dec if it's the right price

Also, what does a 6 speed M3 Evo box go for in NZ, looking at selling that too.

or a 5spd ZF 325i e36 box?

Thanks guy!

Guest Spottswoode

Hate to be an a**hole, but the e36 evo 6spd box is the equivalent of a glass jaw, and thus not worth a hell of a lot.

the rack? Check with Ian Haynes and Ste Nelson, as they're both running them.

The last ZF I sold went for nearly 1K NZD...

what's a glass jaw?

talk to me sam, I'll listen

I meant what they are worth in NZ...i might pick one up there and sell my one here

seriously? that might be worth bringing back...it's tough to sell for £70 over here..

Glenn - £400, although it's provisionally sold - would love to keep it, although I want to drive the car first to see what it's like with the 5spd (it's been a while!)

what's a glass jaw?

They 6spd boxes are supposed to be weak - to the point where it is a "fact". Although supposition I've seen - evidence I haven't.

E46 M3's have (essentially) the same 6spd box, but as far as I am aware they don't have this reputation for being fragile, despite the car being heavier, with a touch more power, and wider tyres etc.

please bring back a M60./M62 5 or 6spd manual gearbox and flywheel .

thanks.

brent

Guest Spottswoode

They 6spd boxes are supposed to be weak - to the point where it is a "fact". Although supposition I've seen - evidence I haven't.

E46 M3's have (essentially) the same 6spd box, but as far as I am aware they don't have this reputation for being fragile, despite the car being heavier, with a touch more power, and wider tyres etc.

The E46 version is the same box as a toyota supra box

The E46 version is the same box as a toyota supra box

Are material differences between these?

E36 M3 Evo - Getrag 420G

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?mo...hg=23&fg=05

E46 M3 - Getrag 420G

E39 540i - Getrag 420G (presumably different bellhousing)

E39 M5 - Getrag 420G

It might be weaker than the 5psd ZF. But if its good enough for an M5, how weak can it be?

Guest Spottswoode

The syncro problems of the e36 were fixed to solve the miss-shift problems and early wear. Still the same gearbox at the end of the day.

i'm sure if the box can handle 320 hp then it can manage a wee turbo 4? if they're breaking with 500-600 hp i can understand, that's not exactly weak however..plus it depends how it is driven..

i haven't heard any hard evidence, maybe i don't spend enough time looking for it though.

that's the problem brent, it's a massive pain and cost to get them over to NZ - most shipping companies won't touch em, they need to be boxed with treated wood

i'm sure if the box can handle 320 hp then it can manage a wee turbo 4? if they're breaking with 500-600 hp i can understand, that's not exactly weak however..plus it depends how it is driven..

i haven't heard any hard evidence, maybe i don't spend enough time looking for it though.

that's the problem brent, it's a massive pain and cost to get them over to NZ - most shipping companies won't touch em, they need to be boxed with treated wood

how about you just stick it in one of those parcel post bags

thanks any way :P