Sign in to follow this  
stylish_division

eyelid/eyebrow customisation

recently i bought some unusual e36 eyelids off another forum member, have not seen any others like this and wanted some opinions. To me the eyelids don't look bad.... they just look weird lol.

Here is a pic of the car as it stands with the eyelids.

Posted Image

And here i have done a quick photoshop of what i think may look better.

left side fully straight, left side a bit more angry,

Posted Image

All opinions welcome, and also other ideas of how i could customise them.

Also if i were to customise, what is the best/easiest way, tools etc.

cheers

Mmm, not a fan of either but the straight look definitely looks better imo.

Mine arrived last week so I will look into fabricating you a set.

Edited by crazyarab

I kinda like the original ones :P

Would be interested in a set myself if they look good

Ys plz. Me2 plz. kthxbai

You've actually got those eyebrows on upsidedown.

They go at the bottom of the headlights and the straight ones usually go on top.

Ys plz. Me2 plz. kthxbai

hahaha - The weird thing is I figured out what you trying to say

You've actually got those eyebrows on upsidedown.

They go at the bottom of the headlights and the straight ones usually go on top.

thats what i thought, but they dont fit at the bottom.

yep keep me updated.

i was thinking... if i were to cut the eyelids striaight... would it look like the red cab, in pic attached. Im pretty sure he customised those eyelids.

post-2960-1229638076_thumb.jpg

Mmmm thats my fave E36. Supercharged M3 cab.

I think theyre just regular eyelids tbh. Maybe cut down thinner

Sorry mate, I dont like either of them (whether they are upside down or not) :(

I think there is just too much of a gap between the bonnet and the eyelids meaning you have a huge black line separating them and I think thats what does it for me.

I think there is just too much of a gap between the bonnet and the eyelids meaning you have a huge black line separating them and I think thats what does it for me.

yea thats what i thought, as normal eyelids have the bit which goes under the bonnet and fill the gap.

i think im going to cut them straight...and hopefully they end up like the red m3 cab. Any ideas how i should cut them? the curve bit around indicator will make it hard.

Exactly what I think. I have a pair of normal straight ones, and when I tried them on the gap completely put me off.

My opinion is eyelids only suit cars with angel eyes. If I had angel eyes I would put my eyelids on.

Exactly what I think. I have a pair of normal straight ones, and when I tried them on the gap completely put me off.

My opinion is eyelids only suit cars with angel eyes. If I had angel eyes I would put my eyelids on.

Yep, agreed.

I'd say that straight away. I can't stand Eyelids. I just don't see the point. If they weren't meant to have that particular part of the light available it wouldn't have been in the first place.

got angle eyes, one of the reasons why i want eyelids. The top of the eyes covered gives a much more aggressive look.

so ive pretty much decided to cut the eyelids.. so now looking for ideas of how to do it... anyone know?

Guest Simon*

They look the wrong size, and seemingly the wrong shape - first thing I thought when I saw the first pic was E46 Compact

Posted Image

The top of the eyes covered gives a much more stoned look.

Fixed

got angle eyes, one of the reasons why i want eyelids. The top of the eyes covered gives a much more aggressive look.

so ive pretty much decided to cut the eyelids.. so now looking for ideas of how to do it... anyone know?

Big old belt sander?

I remember using one of those back in high school tech for a similar purpose.

I'd say that straight away. I can't stand Eyelids. I just don't see the point. If they weren't meant to have that particular part of the light available it wouldn't have been in the first place.

So, let me get this right :P

You think a pink, racing striped E36 with a big f%^$ off backwards ///M badge on the bonnet is OK...

but you can't stand eye lids because if it was meant to be that way it would be that way?

Sorry I just had to take that stab :P

But seriously, "the point" (in my opinion anyhow) is that with angel eyes the top parts of the halos don't look right as thats where the light sources are so they are a fair bit brighter than the rest. The eye brows cover this "imperfection" not to mention gives that "aggresive/stoned" appearance.

Edited by crazyarab

They look the wrong size, and seemingly the wrong shape - first thing I thought when I saw the first pic was E46 Compact

Posted Image

I actually really like the compact, i had a new one. And the only one that i seen with angel eyes, took a little while to customise it to fit.

post-156-1229665261_thumb.jpg

But seriously, "the point" (in my opinion anyhow) is that with angel eyes the top parts of the halos don't look right as thats where the light sources are so they are a fair bit brighter than the rest. The eye brows cover this "imperfection" not to mention gives that "aggresive/stoned" appearance.

couldnt have said better.

anyways, i gave it ago, will post pics when its on car.