Sign in to follow this  
User Name

Car keeps stoping - PLESE HELP

Hi All

I have put the e32 m30b35 engine into my car all is fine, but

1.major issue - the car started fine first then after turning it off it wont start after it is hot

the coolant says its not hot eg 120c but the engine itsself will just bout burn my hand - should i try put extra cooling eg coolant pipe coming out the back or a oil cooler to rectify this

as i wont get a warrent if i cant even drive it and not be able to restart if i stall,

also is there a way to do a diag test on a e32 wiring without the plug n play tool

CHeers

the coolant says its not hot eg 120c but the engine itsself will just bout burn my hand

Before addressing the question ... is the engine at 120c? Coz that is hot. 90 isn't hot (needle straight up on most BMWs - I assume its the same on an E28 - halfway).

Just spent a day on the track and never got it past 88 c, I'd suggest you have a heating problem?

Sweet sounds like im going to have to put the coolant valve on the back of the engine and find a new hose to put through. hopefully dont need to take the engine out should be enough room to do it.

My cars have always run hot so think i need a new raidiator but ill try the coolant pipe first.

Also does anyone know if i cut the firewall pannel that hides the fan etc if i would still pass a warrent. also about cutting things, can you cut anything off the e28 eg. the but were the radiator sits seems to have a extra gap on the right hand side (facing the way the car is) would i need to get a cert or would i get away with it

can provide pic if you want to see what i mean

Cheers