Sign in to follow this  
normsmith

Windscreen washers stopped working on my E90

Ah crap. My windscreen washers have stopped working on my E90.

When you pull the control to activate them it makes the noise like where it is trying to pump the water out of the jets but only a small trickle (barely enough to hit the screen) comes out. This is happening for both nozzles.

Initially I thought it was out of water but I topped up the reservoir to the max but it still didn't fix the problem.

Any ideas?

Oh, a happy new year to all.

If the reservoir is full and the pump is operating then there will be a block in the pipes somewhere. First try sticking a needle in the washer jet holes, if that doesn't work take it to the dealer, they will remove the sound deadning from the bonnet and blow compressed air through the pipes.

When you pull the control to activate them it makes the noise like where it is trying to pump the water out of the jets but only a small trickle (barely enough to hit the screen) comes out. This is happening for both nozzles.

Blocked with mould gunge growing in the washer bottle. Best to remove and clean out the washer bottle then refit.

Make sure you always use proper washer fluid as it prevents mould growth

Initially I thought it was out of water but I topped up the reservoir to the max but it still didn't fix the problem.

Any ideas?

Oh, a happy new year to all.

i agree with jochen , a common fault , we see it all the time .