Sign in to follow this  
BLACK DORIS

Feul and Injector Question

Hey, finally have the car and everything is pretty good. SA '87 325i - auto:(.

Had read in a prior thread that 96 (poss higher?) was a good fuel for the e30's. Previous owner had said he'd been running car on 91 during the high petrol prices and I'm thinking that the injection may need a clean.

Have found a couple of tutorials on how to remove and clean injectors but wanting to put something through the fuel sytem til I/mechanic can look at them properly. Engine seems to be running fine but was told it can take a couple of times to start when hot, which I seem to remember from research can also be associated with injection?

Have bought some wynns injector cleaner for now. Any other suggestions?

p.s. hope everyones had a good holiday! :D

I would leave the injectors alone untill the system is checked properly with a fuel pressure guage. It might be the non return valve in the fuel pump. Using injector cleaner additive is not going to do any harm, but I doubt that it will fix the starting problem

^ cheers, will have it looked at properly. Have had no probs at mo but still only day 2...