Sign in to follow this  
allan

Oppps

Makes me wonder how he managed to do that much damage to the car at 60mph (about 100kph), especially a Ferrari!

Far be it for me to pass judgement, but could he possibly have been exceeding the speed limit by some considerable margin??

Makes me wonder how he managed to do that much damage to the car at 60mph (about 100kph), especially a Ferrari!

Far be it for me to pass judgement, but could he possibly have been exceeding the speed limit by some considerable margin??

Seems about right for a 60mph collision with a barrier. The car has done what it was designed to do - sacrifice itself to safe the occupants. Plus a Ferrari's body is made of composite materials which while light and rigid, will behave differently to normal mild steel in an impact. Where though does it say the impact occurred at 60mph???

Compare to an E30 hitting a large tree at 80 kmh and I know which one I would choose.(Note that roof removed and steering column jacked up to remove driver by emergency services - driver survived with serious leg/head injuries and made good recovery)

post-769-1231541825_thumb.jpg

Edited by ducatiss

Compare to an E30 hitting a large tree at 80 kmh and I know which one I would choose.(Note that roof removed and steering column jacked up to remove driver by emergency services - driver survived with serious leg/head injuries and made good recovery)

The ferrari for sure, no need to destroy a good E30!!

Where though does it say the impact occurred at 60mph???

It doesn't say it was at 60mph, but that is the speed limit on that stretch of road, hence my point. And most likely why the Dibble want to have a quiet word with Mr Ronaldo.

Hard to compare a head on crash into a tree with an impact with a safety barrier - the barrier is designed to absorb impact and yield, a tree doesn't hence more damage to the car. Plus the tree is much more of a point impact, rather than an area impact, which again causes much worse damage.

A Ferrari is built to withstand higher speed impacts, regardless of the composite materials used, the level of damage is well beyond the designed in crumple and absorbtion areas, suggesting a much higher speed impact than 60mph. Especially as it was an intial glancing blow before the head-on, which would have reduced some of the initial speed.

Perhaps we can ask the long-necked tranny to crash head on into a tree when he gets his new car so we can compare more closely with the E30?