Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrantiC

quick favour needed... relay order on motronic 1.3 harness

Guest FrantiC

I have a motronic 1.3 harness I am currently hooking up to a motor. I removed the relays from the main relay and fuel relay things, So I need to know what goes where.

So if someone could please look and tell me what colour relay sits on what (wire colours underneath). I have read that sometimes they can be swapped around so it's best to do it by wire colours - In other words dont tell me orange one in the middle, white one on the end....

Edited by FrantiC

Guest FrantiC

Posted Image

And can someone tell me where I connect the above connections to?

Circled in red is a green and black wire (I assume connect to battery), Not sure what the other is though.

Posted Image

And can someone tell me where I connect the above connections to?

Circled in red is a green and black wire (I assume connect to battery), Not sure what the other is though.

i think thats the coil wires , do ther have 2 size eyelets one for 8mm nut and one for 10mm nut

I have a motronic 1.3 harness I am currently hooking up to a motor. I removed the relays from the main relay and fuel relay things, So I need to know what goes where.

So if someone could please look and tell me what colour relay sits on what (wire colours underneath). I have read that sometimes they can be swapped around so it's best to do it by wire colours - In other words dont tell me orange one in the middle, white one on the end....

here is a pic of a 89 320i engine bay , might help you .

post-279-1232239771_thumb.jpg

Guest FrantiC

i think thats the coil wires , do ther have 2 size eyelets one for 8mm nut and one for 10mm nut

Oh yeah that must be it. Doh!

That would mean the other must be to battery? I pulled the sleeving back and it is showing red wire.

Still need to figure out relays too, if anyone can help.

Oh yeah that must be it. Doh!

That would mean the other must be to battery? I pulled the sleeving back and it is showing red wire.

Still need to figure out relays too, if anyone can help.

isn't that the relays in the pic i posted?

Guest FrantiC

isn't that the relays in the pic i posted?

I have one that has an Orange and a White relay. And from what I can tell the relay slots can be moved around on that backing plate.

So what I need to know is what relay is what (orange is fuel I think?) and which slot they fit into (tell me the wire colours underneath each).

One has Reds and blacks, One has 3greens and a blue, and the other has 2reds 1 green and a brown.

I have one that has an Orange and a White relay. And from what I can tell the relay slots can be moved around on that backing plate.

So what I need to know is what relay is what (orange is fuel I think?) and which slot they fit into (tell me the wire colours underneath each).

One has Reds and blacks, One has 3greens and a blue, and the other has 2reds 1 green and a brown.

some are 4 pins some are 5 pins . should be clear to sort by that.

Hay Bro i have the wiring diagrams and can prop sus pics this w.e as ive done mine and wiring diagrams were easy to follow, what car is it going in,

the one in blue is the blaster coil, brent is right and the one coloured in red could be starter if not already put on but cant fully remember , - PM if you want the wiring diagrams