Sign in to follow this  
jugla

Hi all,

Technically my wife has just joined ,but I am the one to diagnose & treat any ailments.

We have just bought an M series e39 523i, a Japanese import but looks to be well maintained,I guess we will find out in time.

post-3955-1232567216_thumb.jpg

Welcome to Bimmersport jugla!

nice ride, and where are yiou from?

Hi all,

Technically my wife has just joined ,but I am the one to diagnose & treat any ailments.

We have just bought an M series e39 523i, a Japanese import but looks to be well maintained,I guess we will find out in time.

I there I just joined too you should come on the anniversary day cruse if you live in Auckland that is! bring your Mrs It should be a great Day!!

Hi again,

Thanks for the welcome , I am just getting to grips with the layout of this forum,but cannot seem to edit the profile in the cars section only 1 & 3 are shown ,car 2 (the bmw) is showing as a 528i not 523i (and I am pretty sure I had typed it in correctly)so if anyone can advise me where in My Controls I can adjust this please let me know.

Being based in Wellington unfortunately wont be able to make the cruise in Akld plus just come back from the Coromandel, driving another 7-8 hours to do more driving does not appeal cheers anyway I hope the weather is kind for the w/end.

Go into My Controls, then Edit Profile Information on the left and scroll down to the Mods List, for each of your cars.

Hmmm have gone into the area you suggest but nowhere is there a place to edit car 2 in Mods List I have retyped a description in the panel provided ( e39 M series 523i ) but there is no prompt to assign this to any particular vehicle.The next panel down is to add Car 3 and at the top of this section is Car (the one you use the most) but no panel to edit car 2 , should I just delete both 3 & 1 and retype description in this section?

sorry to be a nuisance but once it is setup all should be hunky dory Whats worse is I have just received the ownership papers and the bm is listed as an 525i just to add to the confusion.

My controls > Edit Profile Information

At the top you have a box with your name and your car. What you type here apears under your avatar on the forum and in here you must have "Prado 3.0Diesel turbo".

The second panel is personal information and you scroll about half way down to Mods List. This is what will show up on your own personal profile page it will not show up under your avatar and is related to your car above.

The next one down is Car 2 and you must have "e39 528i" in here.

The next one is Car 3 and its empty.

Ive just tested it with my priofile and its all working fine.

Must only be the special ones amongst us then :P

Im still curious to know where Jugla has entered e39 528i for it to show up where it is.

Edited by Penry

Back again,when I first registered on the forum there were the panels to fill in car 1 ( the one you most use) car 2 ( where I entered the e39 528i etc) and car 3 which I originally had Ford Capri (since deleted) . Now when I go to My Controls the layout is the same as Nick021 describes, no panel to edit car 2 .

Special indeed.

Hey welcome,

i also don't have the car 2 space either.

Well,I have deleted the Prado & put in the correct details for the bm in this slot,so if and when Car 2 panel appears I will amend it accordingly.Nothing ever goes smoothly in cyberspace,Its like the 10 minute job on the cars that take all day ,a case of beer & all the expletives under the sun, and then the dealership doesnt have the part in stock that you broke next to the other part you were trying to fix,which wasnt broken in the first place!!!!!!