Sign in to follow this  
BenEvans

How Much?

Hey,

I have a e30 325i that im am deciding whether or not to sell.

i am off to start studying as a heli pilot very soon so was woundering what your guys opinion was as to how much this car is worth!

So here are the specs and remember this car is NOT for sale as of yet.

the base car is a 1989 BMW e30 325i, MANUAL!, COUPE, and with only 118000 kms on the clock! which is legit! also is NZ NEW!

it has

-sunroof

-aircon

-not very common light brown interior.

-and the e30 usuals

-oh and NO crack in the dash! (original dash!)

Paint is not so good a few dents, scraches and the bonnet is pretty buggerd. front lip is missing, glove box and other interior trim needs attaching (but is included). car is in its original colour. with standard bottlecaps.

Original engine had a crackd head or block so was dumpd for this engine from a motorsport 325i.

the car was brought from ray and HellBM with all the engine transplants done by his mechanic!

it has also just been vin'd and rego'd!.

So please let me know what you would pay for this car to give me an idea of what it is currenly worth.

Cheers

Ben

post-2580-1232597830_thumb.jpg

post-2580-1232597894_thumb.jpg

post-2580-1232597908_thumb.jpg

post-2580-1232597923_thumb.jpg

post-2580-1232597943_thumb.jpg

post-2580-1232597957_thumb.jpg

post-2580-1232597980_thumb.jpg

post-2580-1232597996_thumb.jpg

post-2580-1232598014_thumb.jpg

post-2580-1232598053_thumb.jpg

Honestly, 1500 for a quick sale, maybe 2000 if you can find the right buyer?

Hi..being a coupe and a manual 325 I would advertise it for $3250 ono..people are mad for E30's

Wow, a NZ New Facelift 325i Maunal Coupe! Talk about rare!

I'd fix all the little niggly things (Paint rear panel, fix glovebox etc) and give it a really good clean with decent car products. I've added $1500 on a car's value with $200 of products, a decent buffer and a cloudy weekend.

If it was immaculate (which you can easily do!) I wouldn't put anything less than $4000ish if the motor/gearbox is in good condition.

Good luck with your Helicopter Pilot training. I'm about to start training for my Private Pilot License, and I know it ain't cheap!!

Edited by Eddy

Wow, a NZ New Facelift 325i Maunal Coupe! Talk about rare!

I'd fix all the little niggly things (Paint rear panel, fix glovebox etc) and give it a really good clean with decent car products. I've added $1500 on a car's value with $200 of products, a decent buffer and a cloudy weekend.

If it was immaculate (which you can easily do!) I wouldn't put anything less than $4000ish if the motor/gearbox is in good condition.

Good luck with your Helicopter Pilot training. I'm about to start training for my Private Pilot License, and I know it ain't cheap!!

yea cheers mate, i am currently fixing it up. and becouse it is quite rare i dont really wana sell it, was just interesting to see what people thought.

i actually thought it would be worth abit more than ppl have said due to it being quite rare. i mean when was the last time you saw a 325 manual coupe with only 118000kms on the clock!

Honestly, 1500 for a quick sale, maybe 2000 if you can find the right buyer?

Unfortunately, i'd have to agree with Silver Fox. I guess the price all depends on how quickly you'd like to sell it.

i would think that at $4000 it'd sit on the market for a while. (i may be completely wrong though. I amkind of looking for another e30 and so have been monitoring prices on trademe, nothing seems to be selling very easily :(

My only problem would be the transplanted engine. But thats just me. If I was in the market id be looking for one with the original engine.

How many km's has the car done?

My only problem would be the transplanted engine. But thats just me. If I was in the market id be looking for one with the original engine.

the car has done 118000kms and the engine is aroung 150000kms

the car has done 118000kms and the engine is aroung 150000kms

Sure its not the other way around?

Yea, that’s really important on a 3k car.. <_<

I would say that the NZ new thing is almost invalidated, unless you can guarantee the replacement engine is also NZ new?

I doubt people worry about the interior or panel work too much (relative to the engine), as the engine is central to mileage, maintainability, feel of the car and i guess the ongoing costs of ownership.

just my 2c...

are we arguing about 150k on an m20??

:lol:

has anyone actually gone and looked at the car or pricing from images?

just interested to know if anyone has checked it out

cheers