Sign in to follow this  
BM WORLD

no ECU yet but got some new 16" BBS alloys

havn't got the ECU to run the M535i yet ,but went looking for new 2nd hand mags 16" or 17" tried a couple of wreckers they had nothing decent ,then tries this tyre/mag shop local to me ,talking to the flooor manager ,he had some 16"bbs from a mid 90's 5 series ,wanted to get rid of them been sitting on there shelf for 6mths plus ,said i could have the set of 4 for $200nzd (approx $125usd) .i thought about it for half the day ,then brought them .just need some sticky tyres ,and hub rings now .

they are 8"wide 16" bbs ,mint condition .

also started grinding out some rust in the left rear door (filled it with BOG) will get another door same colour some time latter ,also cleaned up the battery holder ,will have to replace that ,ahve a spare parts car for the that part and the windscreen ,removed the front spoiler to straighten out a little and cleaned all the grills repalced plastic screws etc (its good having all the spares in your own back yard ) refitted all the carpet back into the boot .replaced the leaking radiator with one i had from a 525i .

just need that ECU now so i can move it .

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageMy Webpage stuff lots of pics

Why dont you get the rust taken care of properly..then you wont have to replace the door..

if you "just bog it", it usually makes the rust worse...bog holds moisture in the area

but hey...whatever..

Guest Andrew

Why dont you get the rust taken care of properly..then you wont have to replace the door..

if you "just bog it", it usually makes the rust worse...bog holds moisture in the area

but hey...whatever..

how do you take car of it properly? Out of curiousity?

cutting out the infected (affected, but rust is like a cancer, so i say infected) and weld in plates to replace the metal that got cut out. Thats how its done isnt it homy? Its how we've always done it in my mates shed... (actually, that probably means its the wrong way then!!!)

cutting out the infected (affected, but rust is like a cancer, so i say infected) and weld in plates to replace the metal that got cut out. Thats how its done isnt it homy? Its how we've always done it in my mates shed... (actually, that probably means its the wrong way then!!!)

i netralised the rust first ,then bogged it ,will be better for me just to replace the door when it falls off ,I'll wait for a silver one to come availible .