Sign in to follow this  
wolliver

car not starting

please i need sum help desperatly, this problem is getting very annoyingm and very old

when ive been driving round for a while and stop some place and turn off my car... i come back a while after and the car wont start, i usually hav to wait for bout an hour for the engine to start again.

wen i try to start it all i hear is a buzzing sound, battery isnt flat at all as i can still blast the sounds.

are u able to tell me wats wrong and how i can fix this?

ive got a 1986 e30 325i

thanks a lot

Edited by wolliver

Hay Bro

What sort of ecu are you running in your car, does it run hot or anything like that,

as ive got the same problem and its intermittant itl do it sometimes and others not, ive being asking arounding but no luck for a answer

i have a funny feeling the ecu may have a relief switch cause i could still turn over confirmed, spark fuel, but its not burning it correctly and wont start

im hopefully going to get in contact with a guy this week about it, but dont really know why they do it

change your spark plugs, check distributor for cracks? Had same thing happen in my e30 and replaced most of the ignition system which seemed to solve it

change your spark plugs, check distributor for cracks? Had same thing happen in my e30 and replaced most of the ignition system which seemed to solve it

cheers man will hav a look

im just running the standard ecu

Edited by wolliver

Not the battery cables or starter solenoid overheating is it? Seen that kind of thing before on other vehicles (fine when cold, don't like turning over when hot - admitedly it was in California in summer so it was reasonably hot).

Not the battery cables or starter solenoid overheating is it? Seen that kind of thing before on other vehicles (fine when cold, don't like turning over when hot - admitedly it was in California in summer so it was reasonably hot).

yes!!! yes that is exactly wat it is... how do u fix it?

With respect, without knowledge you are probably chasing your tail. Best to get it to an auto sparky & get professionally diagnosed - will save a lot of frustration.

You take it to an auto electrician and pay him/her to do the job properly...