Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrantiC

Value my car?

Guest FrantiC

I am curious as to what my car would be worth if I sold it. Opinions please - What would you pay for this?

I am talking about finished product too. How it looks now is sort of half done. Still waiting to pick up my m-tech2 kit and paint it all up. But anyways........

I will list everything mods etc (use your imagination for the rest)..

Base car is a 89 e30 320i Japanese Import.

Basics:

4 door model.

Power windows

Central locking

A/C

Euro smiley headlights

Sadly no sunroof :(

Engine:

2.7L stroker.

-88 ETA bottom end with 885 head. 325i Intake manifold, Throttle body, AFM, All assorted sensors etc. Motronic 1.3 325i "164" ECU. e36 325i M50 injectors.

New headgasket, Headbolts, oil pan gasket, timing belt + tensioner, waterpump, valve cover gasket, oil and oil filter, injector o-rings, intake manifold gaskets, thermostat housing gasket, new thermostat, sparkplugs, dizzy cap and rotor. All accessory belts etc. All done less than 800kms.

-Solid Urethane Engine mounts.

Driveline:

Getrag240 5 speed manual.

New pilot bearing. Clutch has almost ~10,000kms on it.

3.64 LSD.

New Center hanger bearing and Prop coupling/Flex disc.

Z3 Shifter.

Suspension:

Front 325i 51mm struts.

Front and rear 325i Sway bars.

Jamex Super low springs.

Shortened KYB shocks.

ALL new front and rear bushings (Trail arm, Subframe mounts, Front control arm bushes, Diff mount/bushing).

Interior:

Mint dash.

M-tech 1 steering wheel.

Interior is near flawless. Grey cloth/black vynil interior, Standard front seats.

Digital clock.

Pioneer headunit which plays CD's, MP3, Aux in for an Ipod. Has outs for front and rear amps, and 2 subwoofer outs.

2x Sony Xplod 6x9's mounted on the parcel tray (raised, not cut into the parcel tray). Powered off a 500W sony Xplod amp.

12" 1200W Sony Xplod sub, boxed and running from a 1200W Xplod amp.

Body:

Body has done 134,000kms.

New paint job (will be done in Lachsillber - "Salmon Silver")

Shaven front and rear badges.

35% tints.

Part M-tech 2. Will have side skirts, Rear bumper, Front bumper. No wing.

Still deciding wheter it will look better with the M-tech2 front valance or m-tech 2 front bumper and standard valance with IS front spoiler (I like the look of the IS front lip I have on there now).

Rims are in signature. 17x7" Performance wheel "V-tech". Good rubber all round.

Alot of time and money put into this e30.

I have no pictures as of yet. Still finishing body work. Have a couple old "snips" though, of interior etc.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just pretend the body has m-tech 2 side skirts and door panels, rear bumper and front bumper. And its all nicely finished in lachsillber. :P

Edited by FrantiC

I hope that rear parcel shelf hasn't been hacked for the speakers :(

I Reckon It's Worth atleast 4 grand, but whats the point in "doing up" your car just to sell it? I would hang onto it if you can! It looks to be in good condition, and you should get plenty of Trouble free Motoring in the years to come B)

Guest FrantiC

Im not selling it, I was just curious as to the value. Have to update my insurance soon, It is insured for 4000 with the 2L and just mags, lowered, stereo.

I hope that rear parcel shelf hasn't been hacked for the speakers sad.gif

Nope, They are raised with those wooden spacer things.

What’s it worth to you?? Cant value future mods either, the “don’t count your eggs before they have hatched†saying springs to mind, she is going to look wicked though, M-Technic II + Lachsillber = :wub:

like you have spent a lot on my E30 (7k thus far) and know im only going to sell it for slightly more than I paid for it..

For all the effort you may as well keep it.

Guest FrantiC

Everything mentioned has been done, Except I haven't got the M-tech2 kit on there yet - Still waiting to pick it up from a guy in Taupo.

Though the only deal is it has coupe door pods / panels whatever they are called. So have to try swap with someone or something...

Other than that everything up there has been done except for the body kit and paint.

And I am not selling either. I just wanna know how much it is possibly worth.

Auction price estimate for this type of vehicle: $1,267 (price range $1,000 - $1,800)

Estimate is based on: 3 sales of similar vehicles and average kms of 121,372 (kms range 108,943 - 127,587)

Well done. That’s list value for an average 320i. When you’re talking modified cars that are somewhat appealing you can throw list out the window.

• Auction price estimate for this type of vehicle: $4,686 (price range $2,800 - $6,400)

• Estimate is based on: 7 sales of similar vehicles and average kms of 129,316 (kms range 109,000 - 152,321)

Would you let yours go for that ;)

Edited by Apex

Definitely not sir. Notice how i directly quoted the website? As in its not my valuation..

Definitely not sir. Notice how i directly quoted the website? As in its not my valuation..

Clearly. Pointless none the less.

I think the only way to get the real value of a car is to stick it on Trade-Me with a $1 reserve.

There are cars on trade me that have been for sale for over two years!! bet a $1 resurve would have them gone next week.

I think the only way to get the real value of a car is to stick it on Trade-Me with a $1 reserve.

A scary proposition, I might try that tonight.

*bites fingers*