Sign in to follow this  
Mark Babb

E30 M20 Pistons

set of brand new 9.4 compression oversize pistons. 80.5mm (.5mm oversize) for E30 320 engine., complete with rings etc. Fully compliant with Race series regs.

$500 ono

Mark

021 511116

$395... and if the race series follows that of the UK then these will be worth 3 times this as they are almost impossible to find..Hmm thats a thought maybe i should advertise them on the UK series forum

which brand are they Mark? could be interested.

Edited by bmw3

$395... and if the race series follows that of the UK then these will be worth 3 times this as they are almost impossible to find..Hmm thats a thought maybe i should advertise them on the UK series forum

Which engine are these from, pre-f/l or f/l? Can I fit them into a pre-f/l within the rules for season after next?

Still trying to get my head around all this flat top, high top, higher top stuff :blink:

Which engine are these from, pre-f/l or f/l? Can I fit them into a pre-f/l within the rules for season after next?

Still trying to get my head around all this flat top, high top, higher top stuff :blink:

you can fit any of the pistons into the pre f/l within the rules, however the lower compression pistons will not be the best choice. As far as I am aware there are higher compression pistons than the 9:4 but they are only legal in pre f/l cars.

3 compression ratings available and 3 piston diameters allowed in our series.

Standard bore 80mm, 1 size over bore 80.25mm, and 2nd size over bore 80.5mm are the only allowable sizes.

All 3 compression ratings at standard 80mm bore are still available ex BMW cost about $1800 plus gst

8:8 comp

9:4 comp

9:8 comp

The ones i have available are 9:4 comp 80.5mm bore size

9:8 comp with 80.5mm bore may still be available however cost is $2,000+, plus gst

Cheers for the info Mark. I will get some one to look at my bores and see what size they need to be opened up to and whether these would be the go, take your point about the price of the other options!

If I remember right you can get away with over-sized rings on a smaller piston, but it's not ideal and is only a short term option.