Sign in to follow this  
Chalk

Locking issues...

Talking about my m325. The most annoying thing in my life<_<

Ok my car is off the road at the moment as its got no warrent... But the battery has died and since thats happened the locking is all messed up? The drivers door will unlock using the key but not lock, it will also lock from the inside but not unlock. The passenger door locks are kinda opposite. Also seeing the car battery is dead theres no central locking so i can't open the petrol hatch? And I can't keep the car running to charge the battery because the car is running low on petrol? How do i open the petrol hatch and anyone have any ideas on the what has gone wrong with the locks?

Thanks a lot for any input :P

The locking system requires a good battery... It doesnt work off oxygen

Haha thanks for the tip off.. But like... I only have 1 key... The battery is practically new but i can't keep the car running long enough to charge the battery with the amount of petrol in the car... And also i can't make use of the central locking with the key in the ignition... Any ways around this? :huh:

Guest FrantiC

Remove the central locking unit from the fuel flap. Go into your boot, Pull the side carpet trim away and up by the wheel well is the central locking unit held there by 2 screws/bolts. Undo and pull it out.

Problem solved (I mean now you can put fuel in, charge up the battery and re-install it).

Edited by FrantiC

Remove the central locking unit from the fuel flap. Go into your boot, Pull the side carpet trim away and up by the wheel well is the central locking unit held there by 2 screws/bolts. Undo and pull it out.

Problem solved (I mean now you can put fuel in, charge up the battery and re-install it).

Oh thanks a lot.. Should all the locking of the car go back to normal once the battery is charged up etc?

It should, it did with mine.

Quick question, why don't you take the battery out and out it on a charger?

Cause i don't have the use of a charger :P thanks a bunch!

Haha so thanks for the help on opening my fuel hatch! But now i don't know if the alternator is gone or the battery is gone to poos... How can i check? I took it for a really long drive but it didn't get really any charge!

Thanks for any help much appreciated!

Take it to an auto sparky. They have testing gear which will tell you. You can take a guess and replace the alternator, but the only way to know for sure is to test it.

Guest Spottswoode

Vaccuum locks really should have been consigned to the "what were we thinking" file