Sign in to follow this  
StylesM5

Top Gear ///M Special

Who saw Top Gear on Prime tonight? Makes me feel bloody proud to own a real M5. It won't be for sale for at least another 5 years now!! :D

not tonite but have seen it before...awesome vid....one day :D

I was supprised . They usually always take the piss outa beamers :(

They even put the M3 CSL in the "Uncool" section :( !!!!!

Damn you Jeremy Clarkson !

its ok

its just one mans opinion

and isnt the smart in the cool section?

and in all honesty..instead of a csl...how bout buying an e46 m3 and spending the $50k

or so price difference on mods

badass :D

Did someone say E46 M3???

If you went to Manfeild today you would've seen this one, which apparently has had $50k of aftermarket modifications to raise it from 333hp to something in the vincinity of 400-450hp AND it's going away to the states soon to get a supercharger fitted...OMG!!!!

At any rate, it's got something ridiculous and it mowed down all the RX7 batmobiles and turbos...just think what the supercharger will do :blink::wacko:

post-2-1096798690.jpg

Edited by ///Carl

apparently has had $50k of aftermarket modifications to raise it from 333hp to something in the vincinity of 400-450hp

So would that be 400-450 hp from an NA 3.2? or has the displacement increased in the process?

f**king impressive anyway :mosh:

I don't know, just heard from good authority, but it's definayely NA!!

Has it got 6pot AP's on the front and 4pots AP's on the rear and SMG??

There was one at the Mt Vic hill climb with those mods and a racing dynamics badge on the rear, it was phatness

Yes glen that is the same car.

Cant remember his name but the car was fantastic to watch. :thumb:

Has it got 6pot AP's on the front and 4pots AP's on the rear and SMG??

There was one at the Mt Vic hill climb with those mods and a racing dynamics badge on the rear, it was phatness

Yes, it was that one, the left rear has RACING DYNAMICS on it with 4 large exhausts protruding sweetly from the bottom :wub:

He's got some lovely 19" low profiles on that thing and even with road rubber was posting some very very fast lap times

Guest Spargo

400 from 3.2 = 125hp/L

450 from 3.2 = 140.625hp/L

Tuned by the Ferrari F1 team was it? :lol:

I call mega b/s. The S54 race motors are only dropping 420-440 or so.

Even if its true, what is the rebuild time on the motor? Must be running stupidly high comp too!

If it is infact a motor based on the R35 kit, it'll have a stroke of nearly 100mm, giving it nearly 3.5L, but with an added bonus, stupidly incredibly stupid rod angles.

400 from 3.5 = 114.28hp/L. Now that's about the only believable figure there.

400 from 3.2 = 125hp/L

450 from 3.2 = 140.625hp/L

Tuned by the Ferrari F1 team was it?  :lol:

I call mega b/s. The S54 race motors are only dropping 420-440 or so.

Even if its true, what is the rebuild time on the motor? Must be running stupidly high comp too!

If it is infact a motor based on the R35 kit, it'll have a stroke of nearly 100mm, giving it nearly 3.5L, but with an added bonus, stupidly incredibly stupid rod angles.

400 from 3.5 = 114.28hp/L. Now that's about the only believable figure there.

I don't know what's been done to it but if you carefully read my post (you may have to use your glasses) you will note that $50k has been spent on aftermarket modifcations and they're not interior or bodywork mods. It may well be the 450 figure I heard was a reference to the supercharger, I only said in the vincinity since I don't actually know.

At any rate, I don't know where you're from or what you know and believe but $50,000 is an aweful lot of money to spend on a car costing a couple year's salary and $50,000 can get you an aweful lot of top notch modifications...maybe it is b/s, maybe I liking posting b/s, but hey it's easy to just sit back and post figures to come off looking like a twat Posted Image

E: Just curiously anyone, if you stick a supercharger onto a heavily modified M3, what do you think it'll do????

Edited by ///Carl

blow the block up??

my contacts tell me the same "ball park" figure of 400-450hp RANGE. me, personaly havent seen any dyno sheets, but from witnessing the car, it would deff be over 400hp. it was even beating a rx7 s1 with a SR20 powerplant.

also they inform me that the m3 e46 blocks are really weak and has heard of 3 blocks fallen apart in new zealand.

Guest Spargo

November 02 built engines are binning themselves all over the world.

If you rebuilt it as a low comp engine, 500hp is easily attainable on an S/C'd S50. Not so sure on the S54, the tolerances are smaller still from the S50B30 and the S50B32.

400hp not at all unbelievable if you can get 400hp out of a 350 block bearing in mind the 350 is close on 35 year old technology.. of course I could just be full of cyber crap.. and yeah I know there is a big difference in displacment

The thing here is that the bloody thing flies.

The Owner is not afraid to push it along, uses it during the week as a town car. So it is still reasonably drivable on the road.

The money largely has been spent on the BIG brakes and Suspension. re working the head, and performance chip, computer, and now is sending complete car to the States to have S/C fitted and the management system gone over.

Where he got the power............ hes not saying much, But its there.

I timed him on a few laps and hes doing about 1.20 mins on Manfield Circut.

Great to watch :D

If you rebuilt it as a low comp engine, 500hp is easily attainable on an S/C'd S50. Not so sure on the S54, the tolerances are smaller still from the S50B30 and the S50B32.

you cut and paste'n again sam?

Guest Andrew

400hp not at all unbelievable if you can get 400hp out of a 350 block bearing in mind the 350 is close on 35 year old technology.. of course I could just be full of cyber crap.. and yeah I know there is a big difference in displacment

ain't that a 5.7 ltr engine though?

Guest Spargo

Isn't there some post editing or (lack of) torque steering you should be doing?

Isn't there some post editing or (lack of) torque steering you should be doing?
haha :finger:

ill let you get back to stealing quotes