Sign in to follow this  
Antallica

Door locking faliure

Hey guys,

Haven't used my rear doors in weeks but just noticed tonight that my LH Rear passenger door is stuck in locked position. When I try to unlock it manually I can hear the mechanism inside working but it won't 'clunk' upwards, just goes back down. :o

Any ideas??

.... on a side note my LH Front Passenger door will control the central locking when closed but will not do it when open anymore <_< I can't figure that one out either.

Instructions on how to work with E36 door locking system

Edited by Antallica

most likly lock solinoid . i have some

papakura

Might as well pull the hammer out and get familiar with the door innards on the weekend ;)

Will let ya know mate.

You need to remove the central lock motor off the top of the door lock inside the door panel towards the rear of the car. Its a little black box on top of the lock with a wiring harness clipped into it. Bit hard to explain on here though.

Once you get the lock motor off the top, it just clips on, you should then be able to manually open the door if the lock motor is faulty. If not its the lock that has broken

Been looking at that website I linked all weekend, turns out some pics wern't loading... now I know how to take off the door handle covering. Should be able to open the door manually tonight :D

w00t

.... and manual locking working :D

The worst bit was removing and replacing the door handle through the frame .... oh and the actuator :(