Dodgy what?

..parts?

..traders?

..people??

..roads??

..acid :D ??

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

Guest Simon*

I'd be interested to hear what you're on about, but I'd suggest in the first instance you paint us the picture without naming names etc.

Basically go ahead and give us the background but leave out any incriminating details at this stage.

OK?

I know of two recent incidents that involve Bimmersport members.

One involved the sale of a car which failed to be of the standard it was claimed to be, the other involved forged invoices used to sell a motorcar.

What amazes me is that these were private sales. Most people accuse us dealers of shonky deals, but what has been going down recently in the private sales market makes us car dealers look like angels.

I know of two recent incidents that involve Bimmersport members.

One involved the sale of a car which failed to be of the standard it was claimed to be, the other involved forged invoices used to sell a motorcar.

What amazes me is that these were private sales. Most people accuse us dealers of shonky deals, but what has been going down recently in the private sales market makes us car dealers look like angels.

TBH I'd prefer to buy from a dealer than private. At least I have someone to cry to when something goes wrong. With Privater sales theres no after sales service. Ony benefit I know of is cost. Which is a big decider for me

I'd be interested to hear what you're on about, but I'd suggest in the first instance you paint us the picture without naming names etc.

Basically go ahead and give us the background but leave out any incriminating details at this stage.

OK?

ok so basically I was piggy-backing on a shipment from the States; I sent money to a guy here who would ship the items to me after they arrived in the country. The two snags that occurred were:

1) My guy then tried to claim customs & duty etc when his original combined "pitch" was based on contacts who would get things through incl. customs at the earlier-stated rate

2) the shipper in the states wasn't quite on the ball either and had delays with shipping someo of the parts.

Nevertheless, some parts arrived here and were later sold off by my trader here, and I have seen neither parts nor the money sent for them.

It was a relatively substantial order too.. I didn't have any apprehensions as the guy is quite well-known here actually..

Guest Simon*

OK well that is quite an unfortunate situation. I assume you've pursued it with the guy in question. It's a shame too as I like to think that there's a fair bit of cooperative spirit here rather than a "bad luck, I don't know you so no harm done" kind of attitude.

Just playing devil's advocate here, is it likely that the overall costs incurred were quite a bit greater than forecast due to the customs & duty fees he hadn't anticipated? Even so I would have thought that the fairest thing would be to have split the cost between you at a ratio equivalent to the overall value of the stuff each of you bought.

Are you saying he sold off your parts too?

Wheres the other side of the story

We did argue a bit about who should cover the higher-than-anticipated customs costs. In the end I did say start the pricing again from scratch, & I'll pay exactly what the shipping & customs duties were, and we'll adjust the amounts owed accordingly. This was at a point when it was clear not all the parts were going to arrive.

As far as I know, yeah, the guy sold off the parts to his own profit. I even spotted an auction by him for an identical part shortly after we discussed the customs problems, which I queried him on but received no reply (on TM) or PM.

I'm not sure what he'd claim is the other side of the story - possibly that I refused to pay the customs charges he asked for, and for his part he did offer to refund the amount for the parts he hadn't received yet, which was the point where I said well let's see how much the costs are for the thigns you have so far & we'll go from there. Also as stated above there were plenty of attempts to come to a compromise on the customs issue.

From my understanding the biggest issue arose because the supplier elected to ship in multiple shipments, rather than one big one, as some parts were delayed/etc.. therefore the customs diversion that was supposed to take place never occurred. OK, fair enough, but since no parts were ever sent to me, and he has since profited on top from their sale, it's hard to imagine what his justification might be...

Always 2 sides to a story is all. I don't know either of you and this effects me in no way shape or form. Would just be good to see both ends of the stick

Always 2 sides to a story is all. I don't know either of you and this effects me in no way shape or form. Would just be good to see both ends of the stick

That's true.. I would be very interested to hear the other side myself.

If you have a complaint about another member, the correct course of action is to PM details to one of the admin staff or moderators. All information will be kept in strictest confidence and we will try and resolve the issue if possible.

Of course, as the deal was a private one, if either party decides not to play ball, there is little we can do, although in certain cases (for example where something illegal has occurred) admin may excercise their right to ban a member.

If you have a complaint about another member, the correct course of action is to PM details to one of the admin staff or moderators. All information will be kept in strictest confidence and we will try and resolve the issue if possible.

Of course, as the deal was a private one, if either party decides not to play ball, there is little we can do, although in certain cases (for example where something illegal has occurred) admin may excercise their right to ban a member.

One of the most sensible things I've read on here in a long time.

Well done that man :)

One of the most sensible things I've read on here in a long time.

Well done that man :)

Well conveniently all of the communication on the subject was done through PM, so if the Admins want to take a look, I give them full permission to read my PM inbox, etc etc. ?