Sign in to follow this  
NA325i

e30 conversion to 5 stud

hey everyone

im wanting to do a conversion to a 5 stud patern on my e30. which parts should i use n will i run into any major problems?

thanks 4 all the advice

Guest FrantiC

e36 318ti rear trail arms are a direct swap and 5stud.

For the front, best is e30 m3 front struts.

Do a search mate, Ive forgotten how many times this has been discussed. There is some priceless information in some threads.

Hi, my 5stud conv is pritymuch complete, just waiting on offset bushes for the e30.

the rear has e36ti complete subframe ( minus diff ). I changed the axle ends to e30 so the diff bolted straight up.

Front i am using e36ti struts ect out of the same car with e30 tophats. i found the blot holes only lined up on 2 out of 3. Anyone out there have the same problem?

And have just got some e36adjustable front shocks/springs. but will put them in after stock e36ti is finished. will post up some pics ( finally )

quick updat.. i finally got the call today to say that my offset bushed have arrived. will be picking them up 2mrow.

press them in 2mrow also. will keep you guys informed with results. thanks.

picked up my bushes today.. have taken out the front controll arms and will be pressing the new bushes 2mrow after work.

picked up my bushes today.. have taken out the front controll arms and will be pressing the new bushes 2mrow after work.

Hey man, how did you get on with the offset bushes? Did they end up correcting your castor? Also where did you source them from, are they urethane?

I guess this is what im needing.. http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/detai...T_ID=TSU3080D30

I just picked up my e36 318ti rear subframe, rear suspension arms/hubs and front hubs off Ray at HELLBM yesterday just need the bushes and adjustable suspension now. What Adjustable suspension are you using?

Luke

Edited by Boost Junky

Hey man, how did you get on with the offset bushes? Did they end up correcting your castor? Also where did you source them from, are they urethane?

I guess this is what im needing.. http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/detai...T_ID=TSU3080D30

I just picked up my e36 318ti rear subframe, rear suspension arms/hubs and front hubs off Ray at HELLBM yesterday just need the bushes and adjustable suspension now. What Adjustable suspension are you using?

Luke

Hi yes i have the offset bushes in now.. they made the castor a hell of a lot better ( now i can actually turn the wheels )

one of the wheels are still sitting back a lil bit and im prity sure its a bent controll arm. will put another one in in the next few days and see if it makes a diff.

for the suspension...

in my oppinion, build it all using the stock parts first.

you will need to change the e36 tophats off the front struts to e30.

with the rear we had to change the drive axels that connect to the diff to e30 also. ( you may not have to )

i have ARC adjustable front susp to go in when i get a warrent and in the back i have koni shocks and selby 650mm lowering springs. for wheels i have 5series motorsport wheels. front is 235/45/17 and rear is 255/40/17.

if you need and advice pm me or just reply to this.

thanks.

Hi yes i have the offset bushes in now.. they made the castor a hell of a lot better ( now i can actually turn the wheels )

one of the wheels are still sitting back a lil bit and im prity sure its a bent controll arm. will put another one in in the next few days and see if it makes a diff.

for the suspension...

in my oppinion, build it all using the stock parts first.

you will need to change the e36 tophats off the front struts to e30.

with the rear we had to change the drive axels that connect to the diff to e30 also. ( you may not have to )

i have ARC adjustable front susp to go in when i get a warrent and in the back i have koni shocks and selby 650mm lowering springs. for wheels i have 5series motorsport wheels. front is 235/45/17 and rear is 255/40/17.

if you need and advice pm me or just reply to this.

thanks.

Awesome where did you source the bushes from and how much were they? Sux about the control arm makes sense tho if only one side is out. Yea I will be putting the stock spring and shocks in until I have enough money to hopefully purchase some BC's. Yup I will be changing the tophats over and already have the medium case diff and 325i axles and CV's (Direct swap into the 318is arms)

Are you going to do the E36 steering rack swap also?

Luke

Awesome where did you source the bushes from and how much were they? Sux about the control arm makes sense tho if only one side is out. Yea I will be putting the stock spring and shocks in until I have enough money to hopefully purchase some BC's. Yup I will be changing the tophats over and already have the medium case diff and 325i axles and CV's (Direct swap into the 318is arms)

Are you going to do the E36 steering rack swap also?

Luke

yea that sounds prity good.

i got my bushes from BNT for aabout $200.00

i hada read up on the steering rack swap the other day but i havnt decided on if il do it just yet. wil do in the future tho. what wheels will you be running?

yea that sounds prity good.

i got my bushes from BNT for aabout $200.00

i hada read up on the steering rack swap the other day but i havnt decided on if il do it just yet. wil do in the future tho. what wheels will you be running?

Sweet, Oh tru through BNT.. i should be able to suss some through my work then hopefully, are yours urethane? I would prefer to find some in Nolothane aye.

Ah right yea I will probably do the e36 steering rack at some stage also but trying to stick to one thing at a time atm lol. Got my turbo conversion happening and trying to sort out my 5 stud conversion at the same time, abit upsetting to the bank account lol.

I want to run BBS RK's but cant purchase them until I sell my van haha

Sweet, Oh tru through BNT.. i should be able to suss some through my work then hopefully, are yours urethane? I would prefer to find some in Nolothane aye.

Ah right yea I will probably do the e36 steering rack at some stage also but trying to stick to one thing at a time atm lol. Got my turbo conversion happening and trying to sort out my 5 stud conversion at the same time, abit upsetting to the bank account lol.

I want to run BBS RK's but cant purchase them until I sell my van haha

yea the bushes are nolothane.

lol i need to get a warrent b4 i can 3.5 it. but to get a warrent i needa finish off my rear guards and get a new controll arm lol pluss juggle the gf and money around ahaha. il get there eventually.

yea the bushes are nolothane.

lol i need to get a warrent b4 i can 3.5 it. but to get a warrent i needa finish off my rear guards and get a new controll arm lol pluss juggle the gf and money around ahaha. il get there eventually.

Oh tru mint I couldnt find anything in the nolothane book are they Nolothan or Noltec brand? I can get some for $65 + GST and they are in the country, thats noltec ones.

Oh real u going 3.5? Sweet should be minta. Im lucky i dont have the ties of a mrs to get in my way haha. Yea you will get there bro.

Oh tru mint I couldnt find anything in the nolothane book are they Nolothan or Noltec brand? I can get some for $65 + GST and they are in the country, thats noltec ones.

Oh real u going 3.5? Sweet should be minta. Im lucky i dont have the ties of a mrs to get in my way haha. Yea you will get there bro.

yes they are nolothane brand. il send u some pics if u want

True mint could you do that? Do you have the part number still? We supply nolothane at our work.

Cheers man