Sign in to follow this  
323e30

Large case LSD e30 motorsport Diff

have a MED case LSD e30 diff . from a south african e30 motorsport 325i . has done 120kms Car was 100% standard and was an automatic so diff is in very good working condition.

tag reads 5.13S 09 86

this diff is the large case and uses a different rear half shaft (drive shalf) but i will include this aswel.

$1000 ono (or highest offer)

was keeping as a spare for my race car but i dont really need it.

MEDIUM CASE SORRY. not Large as listed.

Strangely the diff is longer than regular med case diffs from hubs to flange only effects the drive shaft length but still fits on standard mounting points

Edited by 323e30

Did they really offer one with a large case? Bizzare. You can't break a medium case with an E30...

What ratio is it?

Hi, 6 or 8 bolts on the side covers? Thanks.

Hi, 6 or 8 bolts on the side covers? Thanks.

Has 6 bolts but my other lsd also has 6 bolts but is significantly smaller

Unusual, standard 4 bolt input flange, or the universal type?

Unusual, standard 4 bolt input flange, or the universal type?

images show actual diff, its the standard flange like all e30s but the diff is longer and uses a shorter drive shaft compared to the Med case lsd diff that i have.

Think the tag says 45:13 which is 3.46 ratio. Looks like a standard Med case?

If it goes in a standard subframe then how can it be longer? The top bolt holes and the hanger bracket determine where it fits? Brent?

Edited by Silver Fox

thats a medium case diff . not a large

this is a LARGE case from a e28 etc

has 8 bolts on the side flanges

post-279-1235972374_thumb.jpg

Guest bimabro

Been looking at lsd's for a while, havn't come across many. Can anyone clear-up what lsd this actually is??.... I don't think many people want to spend a grand and find it doesn't fit, need to know the exact specs...

so its med case dif out of auto?.. what ratio and lock-up.

cheers

Standard Med case, go in any E30, or E28 if you change the back plate and input shafts, easy to do. Lockup is 25% ex factory, ramp angle is 45 degrees, ratio is 3.46 I think, would pay to confirm by doing a physical check tho. Looks sweet.

Edited by Silver Fox

Guest bimabro

Standard Med case, go in any E30, or E28 if you change the back plate and input shafts, easy to do. Lockup is 20% ex factory, ratio is 3.46 I think, would pay to confirm by doing a physical check tho. Looks sweet.

Cheers for that, can the seller confirm this?? also my mate did an lsd in his e36 (325 or 328 manual I think), it was 6bolt, med case with that ratio, would that be right/ possible? or is this lsd different?

Cheers for that, can the seller confirm this?? also my mate did an lsd in his e36 (325 or 328 manual I think), it was 6bolt, med case with that ratio, would that be right/ possible? or is this lsd different?

He could have, but not with this diff, it won't fit an E36.

$1000 is very optimistic. I can get one from the wreckers for $800, and at least I have some comeback if its no good.

I'll give you $650. Cash on pickup. Happy to pay 10% deposit, and will pickup and pay with 2 weeks.

$1000 is very optimistic. I can get one from the wreckers for $800, and at least I have some comeback if its no good.

I'll give you $650. Cash on pickup. Happy to pay 10% deposit, and will pickup and pay with 2 weeks.

have been offered 750$ already. plus Im not sure if you noticed but i am a wrecker, reged to sell second hand goods and have to pay tax etc unfortunately. i only accept payments in full. dont mean to sound rude or anything but theres only going to be less and less available so unless im getting a good amount I will benefit myself by keeping it as a spare.

Edited by 323e30

thats a medium case diff . not a large

this is a LARGE case from a e28 etc

has 8 bolts on the side flanges

any idea why this diff is longer than normal med case diffs?

I have a med case 6 bolt lsd in my race car but this diff is a good 30 odd mm's longer from the hubs to the front flange so it uses a shorter drive shaft than regular med case diffs.

came out of a 1987 s.a Motor sport auto 325i all m sport gear otherwise standard (diff could be from anywhere after 21 years tho) .

any idea why this diff is longer than normal med case diffs?

I have a med case 6 bolt lsd in my race car but this diff is a good 30 odd mm's longer from the hubs to the front flange so it uses a shorter drive shaft than regular med case diffs.

came out of a 1987 s.a Motor sport auto 325i all m sport gear otherwise standard (diff could be from anywhere after 21 years tho) .

not sure of that . but sa cars do have some stage old parts laying around that they use up .when germany have the lastest .

what deturmines the size is the gear size indside the diff.

good link here . page 7 shows diff sizes etc

http://www.metricmechanic.com/pdfs/metric-...ial-booklet.pdf

have been offered 750$ already. plus Im not sure if you noticed but i am a wrecker, reged to sell second hand goods and have to pay tax etc unfortunately. i only accept payments in full. dont mean to sound rude or anything but theres only going to be less and less available so unless im getting a good amount I will benefit myself by keeping it as a spare.

Your call. I wasn't planning on picking it up before paying, so you would be paid in full before parting with the diff. Pretty safe on your side if you ask me. Deposit was only so you would hold it because I can't pick it up this week, and I come to Auckland every 2-3 weeks, so no point paying freight. I wouldn't pay in full until I picked up. I'm not that trusting.

Good luck with the sale. At $750 I might be interested if you guarantee it. Let me know.

Edited by bravo