Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

Engine hoist

A mate of mine is looking to build his own electric car....I kid you not.

But as a complete beginner with cars he is going to need a few tools. So for starters does anyone have a hoist for sale (or to loan) in the next couple of months?

He is going to be converting a Corolla to electric. Its apparently been done before, he's read all the info on the web, watched all the videos etc and is keen as mustard. Although he has no experience with cars I have no doubt he can make this work, he's one of those kinds of people !

With that in mind does anyone on here have any experience with this sort of thing ?

Hey ya,

I work at Auckland Engineering Supplies and would be happy to offer him trade price on anything he needs. we carry koken teng tools and powerbuilt. we stock alot of enginerring equipment and are probley one of the only places left in Auckland city.

I will price up a hoist and let you know.

Thanks,

Miles Petersen

Brilliant thanks Miles,

Oh and if anyone knows of a Corolla with a blown engine please let us know :)

No rust though, we dont want to be dealing with any rust problems, but must be a manual gearbox and include the clutch.

Condition of the overall car is probably more important than price.

We ideally need all this to be in Wellington too, which I forgot to mention before.

Bit off topic, but I hope we'll get a run down on the project - sounds really interesting! Not a gas slurping Bimmer, but it is what the future will most likely bring.

If he hasn't already seen it, get him to join Ecomodder forums. I havn't spent any time there really, but the couple of threads I saw (after a google search for something else) were pretty hardcore.

Might be some useful info.

Bit off topic, but I hope we'll get a run down on the project - sounds really interesting! Not a gas slurping Bimmer, but it is what the future will most likely bring.

Ahhhh things may have changed on this front, we found a website today where pages of BMW's that have been done, 2002's, e30's, e36's, even an e60 turned hybrid.

With that in mind we found an e36 318 on TM in red that he might be interested in :)

Its going to be a long term thing, but I intend to make a project thread out of it. Should be great fun.

Thanks Bravo, he will be reading anything he can find at the moment !

Edited by Penry

Ahhhh things may have changed on this front, we found a website today where pages of BMW's that have been done, 2002's, e30's, e36's, even an e60 turned hybrid.

With that in mind we found an e36 318 on TM in red that he might be interested in :)

Its going to be a long term thing, but I intend to make a project thread out of it. Should be great fun.

Thanks Bravo, he will be reading anything he can find at the moment !

Have freestanding engine lifter / hoist he can borrow

Have freestanding engine lifter / hoist he can borrow

Lovely, Ill give you a shout when it gets a bit closer. He's trying to wok out whether its best to do this to a Corolla or an e36 :)

i have toyota sprniter 94 ? no wof no reg lol ..just doing the alternator this weekend if you interested

i have toyota sprniter 94 ? no wof no reg lol ..just doing the alternator this weekend if you interested

Does it have four doors and manual ?