Sign in to follow this  
Nic325i

My M325i

welcome. have fun remove your shoes.

Nice looking car. Great purchase.

Welcome to the site, anything you need to ask, don't hesitate to ask, despite appearances there are some bright cookies around here.

Cheers

Heh thanks for the positive comments.

First question I guess, have BM Workshop got a pretty good rep? I'm thinking I'll take the car up there pretty soon to get a few things sorted (they did the pre-purchase check and seemed good, but it's always worth getting others opinions).

Nic

First question I guess, have BM Workshop got a pretty good rep? I'm thinking I'll take the car up there pretty soon to get a few things sorted (they did the pre-purchase check and seemed good, but it's always worth getting others opinions).

Nic

Yes, they are very good. That is where I take my car to when I need to, and they haven't let me down yet.

They get work done quickly and efficiently, and when they say they will. The level of service is excellent, and the workmanship is good too.

Nic

I've used BMWorkshop for only one service - but thats the only service I'd needed so far. My opinion is they are good mechanics, got the workshop kit, and their charges are not bad. Upon picking up the car, I was introduced to the mechanic who worked on my car, and he gave me a run down on what he did, and a few tips to boot. I've been mechanicing for over 15 years, he didn't know that, and he didn't spin me even a tad of bullshit - Full credit I say.

I can't be bothered going over the bridge to Bavarian ??... so will stay with them, but I've also heard they are up there with their workmanship.

You obviously found this on Trademe? Nice car. Did you manage to talk the owner down some?

Guest Spargo

Wow! It finally sold!

I swear that car was for sale for 4 months, minimum.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for it?

Sweet ride :mosh:

Guest Spargo

You weren't interested Sam? Looks wicked... Mtech II?

If we had a wink icon, i'd be using it now! :jap:

Yep, it was off trademe. Paid 8500 on the basis it needs a couple of things replaced. Turned out the previous owner worked for Jerry Clayton, so it has had pretty regular attention at least for the last year or two.

very good price. What needed to be done to it?

Some one link him to the mtech II cancer post, hahaha, evil!

(Mtech I represent!)

Edited by m325i

Guest Andrew

very good price. What needed to be done to it?

Some one link him to the mtech II cancer post, hahaha, evil!

(Mtech I represent!)

take a look under your mtech1 kit heh

203000 km, 1990 model.

I saw the post about the mtech II rust problem - I've seen similar pictures on a uk board.

Things that need sorting are a couple of transmission seals, replace a rubber diff mount, adjust the valve train - basically maintenance issues - not surprising on a 200k car.

Oh, and the front needs a cosmetic repaint - lots of stone chips, and the bonnets had to long in the sun. Damn that ozone hole B)

On the paint topic, has anyone got a recomended panel beater in the Auckland region?

Guest Spargo

Auckland Panel & Paint, in town.

Or go see Homy in the tron. Your car might come back with 210K's though!