Sign in to follow this  
l0w320

2.5l airflow metre on a 320?

would it make a difference if i put a 2.5l airflow meter from a e30 on to my e30 320???

Guest FrantiC

Nope. Same size so same amount of air going into the engine.. Only different I suspect would be it would possibly run richer or leaner as the AFM usually needs to match the engines displacement.. Waste of time IMO.

For the gain you get out of it, it is not worth the hassel.

You will need to setup the AFM with a gas analyser and adjust as required.

what the hel glenn? ahahaha

What are you trying to achieve ?? If you want 2.5 hp you'll need a 2.5 engine. The AFM wont achieve anything.

What are you trying to achieve ?? If you want 2.5 hp you'll need a 2.5 engine. The AFM wont achieve anything.

hmm i realli want to make a fast 320.

turbo is a possible option but i dont know anything realli about turboing bmws or any car for tht matter

Plenty of information on here and other well known forums as well as google. A few of us guys on here im sure will have no problem with guiding u along the way. Depends on the money you have to spend and who you know... i'd be happy to help out

B)

Luke

would it make a difference if i put a 2.5l airflow meter from a e30 on to my e30 320???

ive done it before many times and you can get gains from it, to correct the a/f i used a apexi afc which im still using in my e36.

the better way would be a mapecu2 to dump the afm and then you can do ignition as well, this also allows you to do ITB or what ever you like as it uses a map which doesnt care what goes on.

then if you deside to turbo,life is easier