Sign in to follow this  
BAWBAG

GO-FASTER STRIPES KNACKERED!!

BAWBAG here,

New to the board...hope i don't get flamed for asking this BUT...any ideas on how to remove chipped/faded GO-FASTER STRIPES? They are feckin' hard to get off!!

I think my wee bimmer will look a bit smarter without them! :D

Err...well I would but I'm a bit of a 'tard when it comes to posting pics.. :blush::blush::blush:

It's like a pinstripe(?) running about six inches under window-sills ,down the sides from near headlights to rear lamps....just yer average fud stripe , not real Dukes of Hazzard style.

Oh i know what you are talking about now ...

Umm the last time i had to remove one of those things with my friend and we used a heat gun and it came off like a peice of piss .. but i'm sure someone will have a better soloution than that if ya don't have a heat gun ...

I just picked that sh*t off with my girly nails

:lol:

heatgun dawg, oh welcome. remove your shoes and get a honda :D .

:lol:

and get a honda :D .

Come on *sic, your giving the wrong info here son, GET A DIESEL YO!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol::unsure:

we had to do the same to the Cefiro and the Laurel before paint jobs could be done... We just grabbed a hearty razor blade... scratched the paint underneath a bit, but that was cool - we were doing paint work anyway.... so my vote goes to the heat gun or a chick with longer nails... then a cut and polish to hide where its been - the paint looks a bit brighter where the pinstripe was - hasnt been exposed to the sun, therefore hasnt faded... From experiece, cars look pretty odd with faded paint and a strip of paint thats bright and fresh!

Hmm....had'nt thought of that!!

Those stripes have probably been there since the car was new...tho being lach-silver paint it may not be so bad . I do enjoy a good set of tan lines, but not on my car :D