Sign in to follow this  
lounit

skid pad?

hey all

in search of a decent area to have some fun in legaly....

my quiestion is does anyone, have,no of were this can be acheaved.....leagly?

as im realy itching to try this new motor out

:rolleyes:

i live in auckland.

Edited by lounit

Some of the guys on here occasionaly do a bit of paddock racing...or you could do a track day out at Puke to really see how it goes and handles

Some of the guys on here occasionaly do a bit of paddock racing...or you could do a track day out at Puke to really see how it goes and handles

track days could be a bit of fun. az my car is in the shop, 12point roll cage az we speak... but yet to be set up for track use.. i no how that clump off metal in the front that i put in must spoil the rest of the handling...

genuinly just out there to injoy the car is wot im after.

12pt cage? Got pics? Just interested to see where it ties. Try get a Clubsport licence and go have fun on hillclimbs, sprints, etc. There are tarmac autocrosses if you want a bit of a skid

:)

Edit: If it's going to be a road car then you'll need a licence for Auth Card anyway so you might as well use it!

Edited by JiB

12pt cage? Got pics? Just interested to see where it ties. Try get a Clubsport licence and go have fun on hillclimbs, sprints, etc. There are tarmac autocrosses if you want a bit of a skid

:)

Edit: If it's going to be a road car then you'll need a licence for Auth Card anyway so you might as well use it!

hey dude theres sum old photos of it in the rides thead.. under 351 powered e28 525e im looking for more of a targa frasher..

anymore info on how i can obtain the licence??

I meant any pics of the cage, I haven't seen a 12pt cage before, usually 4, 6, or 8...otherwise spaceframe fronts, etc. Was just curious.

Click here

You want the A001 form. IIRC. And have a poke around that website as it gives you all the official info and regs that you need :)

You'll need to talk to your local certifer, preferably a MSNZ approved one anyway, they should be more thanhappy to point you in the right direction. I can recommend Neil Fraser, he works out of Beachaven and has helped me.

the answer is no. there is no place in NZ to skid that is cheap and convenient, despite the thousands of people it would benefit. just go down to a quiet intersection and go nuts

I noticed quite a few 11s and doughnuts across the bridge from Botany Motorworx, also on the new roads in the old Mt Wellington quarry. Not legal, safer, and less residents to piss off. In saying that im not recomending you go ahead and do it. When ever it pours down in auckland i put my spares on the back and head down to manukau :D

I meant any pics of the cage, I haven't seen a 12pt cage before, usually 4, 6, or 8...otherwise spaceframe fronts, etc. Was just curious.

Click here

You want the A001 form. IIRC. And have a poke around that website as it gives you all the official info and regs that you need :)

You'll need to talk to your local certifer, preferably a MSNZ approved one anyway, they should be more thanhappy to point you in the right direction. I can recommend Neil Fraser, he works out of Beachaven and has helped me.

no worrys ill try get sum picks up as soon as theres some progress on the cage currently stripping the inside out.

i havint much luck in the car already there is no such thing as a quiet intersection with my car sreaming in top gear.

its always fun at the time ofcourse..

:D