Sign in to follow this  
Surge

My new E30

My 1986 318i that I recently acquired.

Great car to drive, engine - well it's a 1.8, but that can be changed..... B)

Took a few pics up the hill today, here they are:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow - good buy - how much did you pick it up for ?

Especially like the lip on the front bumper.

Possible future upgrade would be to get rid of the chrome trim.

Edited by E30stz

welcome to the site.. nice by .. shoulda got a honda :D

please play nice, and remove your shoes

Originally posted by E30stz Wow - good buy - how much did you pick it up for ?

$1800 inc half a tank of gas, and furry black seat covers over the standard sport seats :lol:

Originally posted by CiLK WuRM Nice Alpina lip

Sure it's an Alpina? I can't seem to find one that looks the same.. I've been wondering aswell.

Originally posted by *sic welcome to the site.. nice by .. shoulda got a honda

Thanks for the welcome, Honda aye? Yeah um... No comment....

:finger:

Edited by Surge

Want to get it proffesionally tinted, have done the 2 rear windows myself with mixed results.. any ideas on price?

Ride height? I've just put some low springs in it now! :o Already scrapes over things, its like 10cm off the ground :lol:

I think it just needs some side skirts then it should look "complete" B)

Bigger wheels would be on my list, perhaps some chromies from mag and turbo??? (j/ks...) I like basketweaves, 15" would be my preference if I could get my hands on some.

Edited by Surge

thats nice, love the colour. manual?

Yeah, Love the colour aswell, just not the dust it attracts! :o

Not manual, the other 'less-fun' one, Still not bad in comparison to the E36 318.. Which is a slug.

(uncle sparkles usual call) looks tits bro

love the colour, is it royal blue?

top man for dissin the idea of chromies, go weaves...

I think the colour is royal blue, I've had a hell of a hard time finding exactly what colour it is (looked for the code aswell as the badge some BMW's have ie.. 'Alpine Weiss') Can't find it anywhere... Needed this information to match the paint on getting the bumper re-sprayed (and attached properly! some half ass has used screws to hold it..)

also getting every tiny stonechip taken care of, and anything that looks remotely out of place! ie.. Wasn't there when it was first purchased :P

Yeah 15" weaves are nice...

After being in a lowered (not sure of suspension, wasn't cut) Integra (not sure of any details of this car either) with 17" mags, the ride was aweful - try sitting on a jackhammer.... This has put me off really going over 15", bigger the wheels, the less practical it seems to become (especially when lowered) <_<

My cars enough of a problem when I'm parking at malls up against gutters, as I'm always aware of the front lip (due to the lack of clearance!) :wacko:

I think the colour is royal blue, I've had a hell of a hard time finding exactly what colour it is (looked for the code aswell as the badge some BMW's have ie.. 'Alpine Weiss') Can't find it anywhere... Needed this information to match the paint on getting the bumper re-sprayed (and attached properly! some half ass has used screws

Give me you chassis number dude, and I'll see what the BMW TIS comes up with. It will at least give me the original colour of your bimmer!

I'd be keen to find out what colour it is as I have the same. I think mine might be Royalblau Mettallic but as yours is an '86 I don't know.

See this chart

Also, if you want to get rid of those bottle caps when you replace your wheels give me a yell.