Sign in to follow this  
SRBMW

SITDWN

Welcome SRBMW.

Interesting mods you have done.

What Wilwoods are you running?? Dynalites?? Size discs?? Stock Rears??

I'd be keen to see some pic's of what you have done to the trailing arms.

I take it by "full coilovers" the rears are done too (not very common due to the shock tower being weak)??

I assume it is a medium case diff you have if it is from a E30 325, not a large case from a E23/24/28 (735, M635 or M5)?? Have you had any problems with CV joints failing??

I imagine it would have pretty short gearing with a 4.27?? I have a 3.46 and pulling 190kmh at the end of third is quite entertaining :)

Hey hows it going its got dynalites on the front with standard slotted rotors and standard rears its quite well geared for the street havnt managed to do much high speed stuff yet.

I had a company modify the rear trailing arms but im going to have to move the pick up point because it still has ridiculas camber even though ive got the adjustment,apparently the guys who made it had there race car set to 100mm lowest point and mines bout 30mm lower than that, so its got wicked camber which sucks.

Yea it has full coilovers all round they ony 250lbs springs in rear and there is a 6mm steel plate mount from beneth so hopfully its strong enough if theres any problems il weld up some bars to strenghthen it all up.Geuss well see how it goes.also the rear shock mounts are gusseted.

yea must be medium size i havnt looked under many bmws other than e30s.I need to find new cvs because they have got so much play but they still holding up even with all the abuse.I think because it has got 3 degrees' camber it will spin the wheels before it loads up the driveline too much.TOUCH WOOD

Kewl

How come you didn't put bigger discs on the front?? Half the problem with E30 brakes!!

I'd love to see some pic's of the rear coilovers & trailing arm mods.

I am about to put them back in my E30, It won't be as low as before (was ~100mm) so hopefully the camber won't be too bad, was -3.5d on the rear and -2d on the front.

I've given up on finding a LSD so a open 3.91 will prolly be going in temporarily.

If i had known bout this forum sooner ,I had an e30 3.46 lsd for sale but i couldn't sell it and ended up swapping it for my bonnet.

the reason I used the factory discs is i didnt actually set out to do much on the brakes other than putting good pads in but after putting the cylinders in, got ahold of some cheap new calipers so thought why not and i thought that the 4 wheel discs would be able to stop 1150kg.I have contemplated getting big discs for the front and rear but

A:cant afford to do it and if im gonna do it would want to put the hell ones on.

B:trying to decide weather to go five stud or stay with 4 stud cos ive got machined spacers for my wheels and would have to get new wheels.but five stud allows me to fit sexy new bma wheels.So i geuss i'll see what it go's like on the track and see if it runs out of brakes or not.

Are the discs a problem,I know they are soft.

Next time the car is on the hoist i'll try take some photos of the rear.

if you want some brakes, i got a set of ones for the front from an evo! check the FS section if your interested....could be right up ya alley

just got it goin again now its got a garret gt30 ball bearing turbo 44m tial wastegate and full 3" exhaust,hopefully have an autronic ecu in and tuned early next year but just running the nissan ecu over new years.

Edited by SRBMW

Join the club of freshly reassembled E30's, well me & you anyway :)

Nice turbo you've chosen, what size turbine hsg did you go for?? Very Laggy??

Need more pics!!!

heres the engine bay pics.

please excuse the very gay rubber stepdown and alloy pipe infront of my turbo thats for the factory nissan airflow meter and will be gone when the autronic is installed.

Resize_of_Wha20F2.TMP

Edited by SRBMW

V.interesting!!!

Do you have any pics of your pedal box (or know what model it is)??

Turbine HSG size 0.86??

sory i dont have any pics of the pedal box but it is a tilton/wilwood single pedal 7:1 ratio.Im prity sure its 0.86 il check.

sory i dont have any pics of the pedal box but it is a tilton/wilwood single pedal 7:1 ratio.Im prity sure its 0.86 il check.

Kewl thanks.

With what size MC's??

I presume you have a balance bar also.

Sorry, just curious.

Is 0.86 not too big for a 2L??

0.86 is often used for 2.5's RB25's & 1JZ's (like mine).

At least you'll have the luxury of anti-lag with the autronic, mmmmm, bang bang.

what wheels are they? they nice...whole car looks mint, got any interior pics?

I agree with you Gus, those wheels look the part, where from can I buy a set??? (big brakes would fit in those...)

okay the MC's are 13/16 and 3/4 and it does have a balance bar.

The turbo is 0.82a/r 84 trim it doesnt seem too bad its suits displacement of 2.0- 3.0 litres.Its ball bearing so its not too laggy.

The wheels are a BSA's but they are rare ones that have been discountinued.

They are p35 offset but I have spacers to clear the coil overs.I also have studs instead of the european screw in crap.

Ihavent got any interior pics there aint anything great in there just some s6 rx7 seats and a couple of gauges.

Edited by SRBMW

okay the MC's are 13/16 and 3/4 and it does have a balance bar.

The turbo is 0.82a/r 84 trim it doesnt seem too bad its suits displacement of 2.0- 3.0 litres.Its ball bearing so its not too laggy.

The wheels are a BSA's but they are rare ones that have been discountinued they aren't the greatest wheel.

They are p35 offset but I have spacers to clear the coil overs.I also have studs instead of the european screw in crap.

Ihavent got any interior pics there aint anything great in there just some s6 rx7 seats and a couple of gauges.

Kewl, Thanks.

Quite small MC's (not that it matters really as they suit the calipers).

Is that the 500hp rated GT30??

What rpm do you see full boost??

Might have to get one for the 1JZ, 400rwhp would be easy and plenty I think.

BTW: Thanks for sharing the info.

yea it supposed to be suitable for up to 550hp cos its a gt 30/40 but I dont think im gonna reach its full potential yet.Not sure when I see full boost havnt got the tacho sorted yet will do with the new computer.Its not as laggy as you would think but maybe too laggy if your used to ,twin turbo larger capacity early spool.Im only running 7psi at the mo so the turbo is still asleep Il let u know how it all pans out when I run 17psi.

Question for you.

Whats the max horse power a W58 gearbox will handle could it handle say 300kw+

Are they a good box and how much should you pay??Can the handle boosted toyota v8 torque.

Cheers

Darren

The TT 2.5 isn't like the 3.0 'cause both spool-up at once unlike the 3.0l where it does one then the other.

The W58 will handle upto ~400rwhp, of course you have to be nice to it, if you drive like a monkey you could break it with 200rwhp. (mine is a late model W58 from a JZA80, which have bigger bearing etc...).

I have a friend with a JZZ30 soarer running a single turbo, uses it for D1, abuse etc... and he is running a W57 and it is holding up well.

For a TT 1UZ I'd be seriously looking for a R154, they don't shift nicely (based of a truck GB) but are V.strong (not indestructable), I think there is one forsale on trademe $1000 just been rebuilt with new gearsets or something.

You can pick up most W series GB's from places like Pick-A-Part for under $100, if you get in quick (ie, if you see one, send someone to get some tools!!).

glenn, what would a 2JZ swap be like compared to yours?

just curious

glenn, what would a 2JZ swap be like compared to yours?

just curious

Exactly the same!!

If one turned up on my door step tomorrow it could be in and running in time for a saturday night cruise :)

hey glenn with regards to the e36 5stud swap could u answer a few questons,I was looking on the parts computer at work and there is no e36 with 324mm rotors only new bmas like 2004/5 so which ones are you using also the ones that i found that where 324mm had a height of 77mm and the e36 had something like 52mm also what stub axles and bearings you using

Cheers

Darren

Edited by SRBMW