Sign in to follow this  
Dyl

E30 M3 from Japan

Has anyone imported an E30 M3 from Japan or for that matter know anything about importing early M3s into NZ? I am exploring my M3 purchase options and was hoping some of you wise members might be able to add some valuable advice.

Cheers guys (and gals)!!

Guest Ari Gold

Dylan, I know a couple of people that can help out, i'll have a word with them.

Cheers guys (above) I have PMed you. If anyone else has connections; either special vehicle importers or general E30 M3 know-alls I would love to have a chat!!

AFAIK these are not registrable in NZ due to the year of manufacture + LHD.

only good to strip it and make it a track car.

Cars older than 20 years can be imported under special importation laws for cars deemed classic or collectable.

Cars older than 20 years can be imported under special importation laws for cars deemed classic or collectable.

Cheers mate, yes you are right. There are no issues surrounding importing an M3 as long as the date of manufacture is over 20 yrs from date of importation. trick is, finding a good one!! Cant wait, just need to sell me audi :)

Cheers mate, yes you are right. There are no issues surrounding importing an M3 as long as the date of manufacture is over 20 yrs from date of importation. trick is, finding a good one!! Cant wait, just need to sell me audi :)

Talk to Laurence AKA Old Skool because I think there is a little more to it. Just remember them talking about it fairly recently.

yes, i think you can import as classic, not sure whether it's 20 or 25 years old, and what other criteria have to be met. But apparently it's a pita if it's RHD. i guess you could buy normal e30 rolling shell and swap out dash and other stuffs, a bit of work but i suppose can be done...

once you find out the details post back here, i'm interested myself.

cheers.

LHD E30 M3s can be registered........

20 years old from date of first registration, not manufacture date, this his has been discussed a few times on here.

but I understand to drive a LDH car you need special license ? ot pass some test of some certification thing, right ?

Wrong, anyone can drive LHD cars.