Sign in to follow this  
tehBMWn00p

Spacers cert & Guard rolling

So I recently bought Boost Junky's wheels for my E30 and now need to get roll the guards so they fit properly. Also, I need to get them cert'd so they are legal.

My question is:

Where in Auckland is/are the best place/s to get these done?

By best I mean cheap :)

TIA

CLIFF~

So I recently bought Boost Junky's wheels for my E30 and now need to get roll the guards so they fit properly. Also, I need to get them cert'd so they are legal.

My question is:

Where in Auckland is/are the best place/s to get these done?

By best I mean cheap :)

TIA

CLIFF~

Yo Cliff!

Probably most places will be above the $400 mark.. its not really the wheels that are the issue with Cert, its the Spacers. I think you mentioned mag and tyre or something along those lines to me earlier, that is where I had mine done however they couldnt get the rear guards out far enough but I personally think the dude down here was useless nad wasnt quite up to scratch with using his new guard roller.

If however this is the case you could either run narrower tyres or last and probably most expensive option is to get a panel beater to extend your guards out wider $$$$$$$

ps. was nice to meet you and the old man on the w.e sorry about having to kick you and the others out of our holiday batch lol

Luke

Up to 20mm just need hubcentric and some method of attachment, not multihole, longer studs, etc. Bolt on adaptors can be thicker - up to 27mm - Read the rules here:

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/stdWheels&Tyres.pdf

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/newindex3.html

They will cert you for height and the diameter and width of wheels too, and anything else non-standard.

Oh tru if they are under 20mm they dont need a cert? At first, I always thought if they were less than 1" They didnt need a cert. Cam the ones I sold to Cliff are 25mm so will need certifying. They are bolt on spacers, whats hubcentric by the way?

Oh tru if they are under 20mm they dont need a cert? At first, I always thought if they were less than 1" They didnt need a cert. Cam the ones I sold to Cliff are 25mm so will need certifying. They are bolt on spacers, whats hubcentric by the way?

I think what CamB means is that slip-on's have a max of 20mm. ALL spacers need certification. I have had experience with Neil Fraser in Beachaven and have found him to be very helpful.