Sign in to follow this  
535er

E34 535 M30 Supercharge?

Hey all Bimmersport fans

Have just successfully converted my E34 535 M30 to manual and I must say what a difference it has made!, especially on the economy. Managed to line an auto version up at a set of lights the next day and he was keen to have a go, blitzed him by 4 or 5 car lengths I was pissing myself laughing!!

Now moving on to bigger and better things :D, i'm considering adding a supercharger to her just to make it even more interesting. Looking at a SC12 supercharger out of a Toyota Levin and planting it where my air conditioning pump sits once it's all ripped out.

BUT, i'm scared it won't be big enough even though i'm going to run standard compression etc etc with this.

What do you think??

Would love to hear as much input as possible.

Cheers guys!!!

post-1908-1238393038_thumb.jpg

Edited by 535er

Hey all Bimmersport fans

Have just successfully converted my E34 535 M30 to manual and I must say what a difference it has made!, especially on the economy. Managed to line an auto version up at a set of lights the next day and he was keen to have a go, blitzed him by 4 or 5 car lengths I was pissing myself laughing!!

Now moving on to bigger and better things :D, i'm considering adding a supercharger to her just to make it even more interesting. Looking at a SC12 supercharger out of a Toyota Levin and planting it where my air conditioning pump sits once it's all ripped out.

BUT, i'm scared it won't be big enough even though i'm going to run standard compression etc etc with this.

What do you think??

Would love to hear as much input as possible.

Cheers guys!!!

thats the pathway id like to go down with my m30engine.

hope you sus a supercharger, big or small and see how it goes.

I'd say its a bit small for that motor. I have the SC14 in my e30 on the 2.5l and wouldn't want smaller based on what I've been reading. Why don't you take a look at an eaton M60 or similar??

Take a look at www.e30tech.com forums and read the forced induction section of the forum. Lots of supercharged m20's. They'd know what pumps enough air for an m30b35.

I'd say its a bit small for that motor. I have the SC14 in my e30 on the 2.5l and wouldn't want smaller based on what I've been reading. Why don't you take a look at an eaton M60 or similar??

Take a look at www.e30tech.com forums and read the forced induction section of the forum. Lots of supercharged m20's. They'd know what pumps enough air for an m30b35.

great cheers man

Corky Bell writes an interesting book on supercharging, try Amazon. It covers a wide range of aspects of forced induction, essential reading if you are planning on doing something like what you're talking about