Sign in to follow this  
Boost Junky

Getrag 260

Are you buying or selling?

In my recent search for one & the advice I got from several forum members they ranged from 500 to 800.

i was mindful of the k's various boxes had done.

In my recent search for one & the advice I got from several forum members they ranged from 500 to 800.

i was mindful of the k's various boxes had done.

Yep thats the only other thing to consider is the amount of K's its done. I grabbed it off a dude who has been racing EVO's in the tarmac for the last 10yrs he said the gearbox has been sitting in his woolshed since the early 90's so unsure on km's. Would prob be wise to get checked over before I sold it?

Luke

Yep thats the only other thing to consider is the amount of K's its done. I grabbed it off a dude who has been racing EVO's in the tarmac for the last 10yrs he said the gearbox has been sitting in his woolshed since the early 90's so unsure on km's. Would prob be wise to get checked over before I sold it?

Luke

Probably-specially if you dont want the buyer to come knocking on your door :rolleyes:

That sounds about where I'd start looking if I were buying one. They are getting harder to find. Used to be they were worth more than the 240's until the race series came along.

Probably-specially if you dont want the buyer to come knocking on your door :rolleyes:

Yea haha, I just had a look at it.. you can tell its been sitting for a looooooong time lol. Gonna clean it up this weekend, still deciding if I will keep it in case my ZF manual box skrews out with the new turbo setup when its running...

That sounds about where I'd start looking if I were buying one. They are getting harder to find. Used to be they were worth more than the 240's until the race series came along.

Oh real so they are not worth more than the 240's anymore now that the race series is here?

Not based on my experience. Others may disagree.

I paid $600 for a full 240 conversion a few years back, and $750 for a 260 conversion.

Since then I've seen 260 conversions for as little as $600, and 240 boxes on there own for that much and more, but that is two ends of the scale though.

Willing vendor willing buyer sets the market....

PS PM Silverfox - he recently bought a box of an e24 - he may tell you what he paid for it.

Not based on my experience. Others may disagree.

I paid $600 for a full 240 conversion a few years back, and $750 for a 260 conversion.

Since then I've seen 260 conversions for as little as $600, and 240 boxes on there own for that much and more, but that is two ends of the scale though.

Willing vendor willing buyer sets the market....

Is that the full conversion? Damn thats cheap! Too true though... somethings only worth what someones willing to pay.

I will PM Silverfox thanks Graham

I sold my full 260 conversion for 250 bucks. God some people ask some crazy prices for them.

I sold my full 260 conversion for 250 bucks. God some people ask some crazy prices for them.

Lol really? Makes the 240 not worth alot then eh!

It was $1 reserve on trademe ha, but no bidding war started and that was the final price :D Paid for half my ticket to WA ha.

PS PM Silverfox - he recently bought a box of an e24 - he may tell you what he paid for it.

yea , but that one was the very rare and sort after getrag 265 box ,close ratio dog leg unit (excellent unit for racing) .

have a look on ebay.de they sell for over 1500euro's

Mmmmm... I paid $1500 for it, because I wanted it. :wub:

I've got a full f/l 318 conversion for sale, $700, and a box on it's own, for $380, if anyone's interested?

I think they're good prices. 320 boxes are worth about the same, more if they've been serviced etc.

Edited by Silver Fox

yea , but that one was the very rare and sort after getrag 265 box ,close ratio dog leg unit (excellent unit for racing) .

have a look on ebay.de they sell for over 1500euro's

The 265 sell for over 1500euros you mean right brent?

p.s those of you who have sold/bought one without the whole conversion setup, did they come with the shifter linkages?

Edited by Boost Junky

Not normally, if you just want to buy a box, you won't need those bits.

Not normally, if you just want to buy a box, you won't need those bits.

Yea I thought so, well in that case my getrag 260 is up for sale lol. I'll post up in the For Sale section.

Cheers guys!

Bit of a noob question.

Getrag 260 - is this an m30 or m20 box? If both, what is the difference apart from bellhousing?

Which one are you selling Boost Junky?

What is the m30 box David?

*edit* - looks to be 265? if it is, how much do these go for and are they compatible with all m30's - eg. 2.5/2.8/3.5 etc?

Edited by Creaver

You have to be careful Ian, the getrag 240 fits the 318 and 320, but are different boxes with the same number, same with the 260, there is a version for the m30 and the m20, but they are different.

Ok thanks David, looks like i'm coming into contact with an m30 2.5/2.8l manual gearbox from an e28, and will be looking to sell it off in the near future. Any info as to what this would be?

Edited by Creaver